• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anybody used Reputation Changer?

Dan, I'm not familiar with this particular company but they usually just write bogus reviews to the different review sites for a fee. If you get caught doing this, it isn't the "Reputation Management" company that lives with the consequences, it is you. Before you consider hiring one of the companies, I would check out Texas Nissan of Grapevine's DealerRater page: click here.

You might offer your salespeople a spiff for each of their customers that write a nice review on one of the sites.

Dan, I'm not familiar with this particular company but they usually just write bogus reviews to the different review sites for a fee. If you get caught doing this, it isn't the "Reputation Management" company that lives with the consequences, it is you. Before you consider hiring one of the companies, I would check out Texas Nissan of Grapevine's DealerRater page: click here.

You might offer your salespeople a spiff for each of their customers that write a nice review on one of the sites.

They seem to have a different approach, using SEO tactics to get the negative reviews off the first page of google and make room for other review sites with positive feedback.

That's why I'm asking for someone with experience with them, I know that companies usually do.

We've already done the spiff thing, it worked for some sites but on others it backfired because sales people got greedy (who would've guessed?) and posted reviews themselves which wound up getting filtered/removed.

Thanks for the input, hoping someone who has used this company can chime in.

If you want to change your reputation, then start by providing your customers with great service. When people get great service they will openly brag about it! And when you ask for a review they will gladly do it for you. You have bad reviews out there, then learn from them and fix the broken process!

This is one job that should never be outsourced! Another company can not change your reputation!

Reactions: 3 people
Dan, I'm getting the impression that you are looking for the quick fix, paint over rust, solution. I know that there are some good VanTuyl stores out there and you might be in one. I worked for a good VanTuyl store but completely changed with a new GM. Jick is a poor substitute for knowlege, ability and work ethic. You get the reputation that you earn. If you run a sleazy operation, your reviews will and should reflect it.

I have heard good things about reputation changer and have spoken to them reputation.com as well as profile defenders regarding dealer reputation management and services for my companies dealerships in West Virginia, Kentucky, and soon to be Western Michigan. Reputation Changer has an SEO approach to push out press releases on multiple news wires and will make your company look as if they are a printing press of positive pr and since most people dont go past the first page you are in good shape, Profiledefenders.com does a combination of positive reviews for the dealerships with press releases, websites, and blogs to improve the overall feel of the dealer ship and supposedly has a few connections between NADA and a handful of dealers (I have heard from a dealer friend who has used them that this is true but if anybody else can verify please chime in), and finally reputation.com seemed to commercial to understand about the ratings and offered to sell us a staple of 30 business profiles and bios which they said "truthfully it probably won't bury the negative content."

Hope this helps.

If you want to change your reputation, then start by providing your customers with great service. When people get great service they will openly brag about it! And when you ask for a review they will gladly do it for you. You have bad reviews out there, then learn from them and fix the broken process!

This is one job that should never be outsourced! Another company can not change your reputation!

We are providing our customers with great service, problem is that the previous GM and his team that ran this store did not. We have turned this place completely around but it was so negative that it's taking forever to get out of the hole they dug.

We are spending advertising dollars that drive customers to these negative reviews and it's affecting our business. That's why I'm trying to get it suppressed for the time being, at least until I can get the reviews up.

Dan, I'm getting the impression that you are looking for the quick fix, paint over rust, solution. I know that there are some good VanTuyl stores out there and you might be in one. I worked for a good VanTuyl store but completely changed with a new GM. Jick is a poor substitute for knowlege, ability and work ethic. You get the reputation that you earn. If you run a sleazy operation, your reviews will and should reflect it.

I'm not trying to "jick" anything. As previously mentioned, Reputation Changer helps move bad reviews away from your immediate search results, it's not posting bogus reviews. I'm trying to suppress the problem I inherited.

I agree with "You get the reputation that you earn", but in my case I got the reputation I was handed, and it's affecting our business. We have turned this place completely around, but it takes time to get reviews and in the mean time our advertising dollars are being wasted because we are driving traffic. I just want to suppress some of the negativity until it gets turned around.

This is why I stated that I was looking for someone with experience with the company. I know how it's supposed to be done. My last store has a great reputation, but it was never this bad.

I know it can be fixed with time, but I have to do something in the meantime because the man who signs my paychecks is putting the pressure on me since our advertising dollars are driving customers to the negative reviews of the past.

I have heard good things about reputation changer and have spoken to them reputation.com as well as profile defenders regarding dealer reputation management and services for my companies dealerships in West Virginia, Kentucky, and soon to be Western Michigan. Reputation Changer has an SEO approach to push out press releases on multiple news wires and will make your company look as if they are a printing press of positive pr and since most people dont go past the first page you are in good shape, Profiledefenders.com does a combination of positive reviews for the dealerships with press releases, websites, and blogs to improve the overall feel of the dealer ship and supposedly has a few connections between NADA and a handful of dealers (I have heard from a dealer friend who has used them that this is true but if anybody else can verify please chime in), and finally reputation.com seemed to commercial to understand about the ratings and offered to sell us a staple of 30 business profiles and bios which they said "truthfully it probably won't bury the negative content."

Hope this helps.

This is the type of info I'm looking for, thanks!

Jerry T. Offers the best advice: change with in.

But i also know that you need to start somewhere and that some sites like the ripofreport and pisstofconsumer are there just to extort money from you.

We have done this type of plan for a lot of our dealers and it follows what SEO people like Brian Pash would call "defend your google 10".

Google 'larson dodge' with geo location seattle or puyallup or 'clyde revord' with geo location everett. You will see that the blogs and microsites that we built for then kick all other negative ones out.

So this is not a unique magic deal, is about owning more digital assets than just your website to control the SERP under your name.

We are providing our customers with great service, problem is that the previous GM and his team that ran this store did not. We have turned this place completely around but it was so negative that it's taking forever to get out of the hole they dug.

We are spending advertising dollars that drive customers to these negative reviews and it's affecting our business. That's why I'm trying to get it suppressed for the time being, at least until I can get the reviews up.

I'm not trying to "jick" anything. As previously mentioned, Reputation Changer helps move bad reviews away from your immediate search results, it's not posting bogus reviews. I'm trying to suppress the problem I inherited.

I agree with "You get the reputation that you earn", but in my case I got the reputation I was handed, and it's affecting our business. We have turned this place completely around, but it takes time to get reviews and in the mean time our advertising dollars are being wasted because we are driving traffic. I just want to suppress some of the negativity until it gets turned around.

This is why I stated that I was looking for someone with experience with the company. I know how it's supposed to be done. My last store has a great reputation, but it was never this bad.

I know it can be fixed with time, but I have to do something in the meantime because the man who signs my paychecks is putting the pressure on me since our advertising dollars are driving customers to the negative reviews of the past.

This is the type of info I'm looking for, thanks!

My experience was the reverse. I watched a new GM take a good performing store with high CSI south. It is painful to watch years of hard work go down the drain for short term gains. Now, it is just another low performing dealership with a bad rep.

It doesn't take any effort to destroy the reputation of a store but building it back will take some time and a lot of effort. Honestly, I wish you the best.