• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Authenticom / DealerVault was attacked

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
On October 31st, Authenticom flags went up. They discovered an intruder trying to get customer data. According to Authenticom the intruder was unsuccessful, and as he realized he wasn't going to get anything he went into sabotage mode. While data was safe and secure, the attackers were able to inflict significant damage.

They were without email, phones, and their chat system until last week. Fortunately, I was able to connect with one of my contacts on their personal cell phone and was given some details. I was also given permission to post this thread on their behalf.

Once the dust settles, it is my hope they will allow us to host them on a future RefreshFriday to talk about the experience. Airing the details may help all of us be prepared for the day WHEN not IF some jackass maliciously comes after our systems.

I feel bad for the crew at Authenticom having to fight this thievery attempt. Mother:naughty:ing piece of :poop:s do this stuff:rocket:

Status updates on the recovery efforts can be found on their website: https://www.authenticom.com/status-update