• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AutoAlert Layoff - "fired" 95% of their Regional Performance Managers

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
What's going on over there at AutoAlert?

Are you a dealer using AutoAlert and if so, are you feeling the effects?

Latest Glassdoor Review

"Bad Financial Decisions"

Pros

Any "Pro" opinions are now gone due to the way this mass lay-off was handled

Cons

Sure, you probably think this review is one-sided due to my being on the receiving end of this massive lay-off AutoAlert conducted. Really I just want people to be aware of what they are entering into if they decide to go to work for this company. 1. Yes, a mass lay-off of hundreds of employees in Irvin, CA and Boston, MA. All of which accounts for a HUGE percentage of client marketing and operations. This was nothing small by any means. Client support, project managers and onboarding, sales, performance management, data research, marketing...I mean the list goes on. Due to California law, they had to give us 60 days notice but would not have if they had the choice as they are all but pushing everyone out the door. Boston office was not as fortunate and was given 30 days. Anyone contracted was fired immediately. The last day for Irvine employees is November 27th....

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 5.11.21 PM.png

I spoke directly to one of these employees last week. They are more upset because the week before, the CEO got on a national call with them to put rumors to rest and make sure they knew that no ones jobs were in jeopardy. Then a week later fired them, no severance package and benefits cut off at 5 pm. The consensus seems to be that they will soon be acquired.

I spoke directly to one of these employees last week. They are more upset because the week before, the CEO got on a national call with them to put rumors to rest and make sure they knew that no ones jobs were in jeopardy. Then a week later fired them, no severance package and benefits cut off at 5 pm. The consensus seems to be that they will soon be acquired.

:yikes: :bs:

Reactions: craigh
Calif. put out a fact-sheet every quarter in the form of a PDF that lists all the bulk layoffs that were registered with the state the previous quarter. The most recent one came out on the tenth and shows that the state was informed of the layoffs during the third quarter, specifically late August. If the CEO got on a conference call last week and told everyone that the rumors were unfounded, it says a lot about the type of person he is.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder