• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automating the one thing a salesperson will do

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
Was just on a call with @Jeff Kershner and @Jim K talking through some fun stuff. The conversation veered toward work that a salesperson would actually do without a manager slapping them. The one thing we could come up with is filling out the paperwork for a car deal. And this is why dealers need so much automation. Yes, I know we were generalizing here.

The funny part about it is that the one big thing that's being automated is the paperwork. This is essentially what digital retailing is about: digital paperworking.

As the OEMs continue to push digital retailing solutions, it is just more argument for how little is understood about car dealerships.

Anyway, it was a thought that humored me and I wanted to share it.

Was just on a call with @Jeff Kershner and @Jim K talking through some fun stuff. The conversation veered toward work that a salesperson would actually do without a manager slapping them. The one thing we could come up with is filling out the paperwork for a car deal. And this is why dealers need so much automation. Yes, I know we were generalizing here.

The funny part about it is that the one big thing that's being automated is the paperwork. This is essentially what digital retailing is about: digital paperworking.

As the OEMs continue to push digital retailing solutions, it is just more argument for how little is understood about car dealerships.

Anyway, it was a thought that humored me and I wanted to share it.
Was a great chat gents. We covered a lot of ground. Thank you. @Alex Snyder, the notion of 'digital papework' as a big part of DR is interesting. You both talked about automating and simplifying mundane human tasks. I believe this applies to both the dealer and consumer. A transaction certainly isn't simple. It's hair ball of regulations, process, technology, paper, people, personalities, ego, excitement, anticipation and much more. Technology can't solve for all of it.