• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Manufacturers forcing ILM software

I know it has been awhile since this post started but I just ran upon this problem. I have been shopping CRMs and thought today well I better check the "approved" list from Nissan. One of my top 3 isn't on the approved ILM list according to the Nissan website. I was very surprised. But my CRM must work for 2 Nissan stores so I can't go with a vendor that is not on the list.

Surprised???

Lori Finney:rofl:

What 3 ILM's are Nissan approved? I'm assuming there is a separate for approved CRM's...

What I meant was of my top 3 ilm/CRM options one them is not approved. Right now VinSolutions is not on the listed for approved vendors for me to keep my Nissan certified lead status. If they were to use them I would get last option in my entire district for any Nissan leads from the OEM nor could get the 3td party leads from them at a reduced price.
I will say the list is pretty small about 10 or so vendors. They only require you to have an vendor from the list for yout internet leads. I guess if you want to use a different CRM they don't care. They only send leads to the ones they approve.
But some on the list are not as strong as the demo I had from VinSolutions. I hear they will be adding to to the list very soon.

Finney,

We too had a tough time finding a CRM/ILM that we like that was "certified" through Nissan. We ended up with a work around where we use Cobalt's LMCC (certified through Nissan) and from there we re-route the lead to our current CRM.

We still can get the NissanUSA leads and be in good graces with Nissan and still use a CRM of our choice.

Hope that helps...

Unfortunately it's not that surprising. I'd say only half of all CRM/ILM companies are certified with a meaningful number of brands. It is definitely something that should be part of your initial investigation. And don't fall for companies that say "Oh we're working on that by next month" or whatever.

As an emerging CRM/ILM platform, we are looking at getting certified, however I am looking to get a list of those manufacturers that require a certified or approved vendor. My first post, so bear with me. (I am not a "tecchie" but a 25 year veteran of the Auto/RV Industry.) Thanks.

As an emerging CRM/ILM platform, we are looking at getting certified, however I am looking to get a list of those manufacturers that require a certified or approved vendor. My first post, so bear with me. (I am not a "tecchie" but a 25 year veteran of the Auto/RV Industry.) Thanks.

Ford and Toyota are the only major OEMs I can think of that don't require a certified system. All the rest won't send leads to the vendor if they aren't certified.

Some also won't certify you if you don't have a minimum of a certain amount of dealers of that brand. But it is virtually impossible to sign up the dealers if you aren't certified...

Getting certified with all the OEMs is a very long and sometimes costly process.

What I meant was of my top 3 ilm/CRM options one them is not approved. Right now VinSolutions is not on the listed for approved vendors for me to keep my Nissan certified lead status. If they were to use them I would get last option in my entire district for any Nissan leads from the OEM nor could get the 3td party leads from them at a reduced price.
I will say the list is pretty small about 10 or so vendors. They only require you to have an vendor from the list for yout internet leads. I guess if you want to use a different CRM they don't care. They only send leads to the ones they approve.
But some on the list are not as strong as the demo I had from VinSolutions. I hear they will be adding to to the list very soon.

Lori,

We are Nissan certified. In fact, we are certified with all major OEMs except Mercedes, which is in development right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shellie Pierce
www.dealersocket.com
[email protected]