• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Manufacturers forcing ILM software

Jeff,

While the leads from Hyundaiusa.com still go to your hyundaidealer.com portal, you can now hit the export button to push it to your CRM and respond to it from there. You can also request to go on auto-export which will automatically push all your leads immediately to your CRM for you. They don't talk about this feature to much as I am sure they don't want all their dealers on it because they can't monitor the lead as good once if leaves their website.

Andrew, thanks for the heads up on that. I need to be sure my Hyundia dealers are aware of this.

What a beautiful thing!!

Andrew, thanks for the heads up on that. I need to be sure my Hyundia dealers are aware of this.

What a beautiful thing!!

Just a thought Jeff -

Ask them if they're hooked on grabbing the leads from the other dealers first. My Hyundai Sales Manager is, so I decided not to tell my BDC staff the auto-push is available to them.

Manufactures force dealers to select "certified ILM lead processors" through a "Pay to Play" certification procedure. The factory does not want small regional C.R.M.-I.L.M. software providers which provide their products at a more reasonable price (when compared to the national companies). For instance, to become a "certified elead processor" for GMAC (to receive GMAC leads in the I.L.M. program) the cost is $20,000. For Ford it is $20,000, Subaru $10,000.00 and so on and so on. Certification runs between $10,000 and $20,000 paid to a vendor the factory has ties with (exp. Urban Science). This policy effectively keeps affordable C.R.M.-I.L.M. providers from doing business with car dealers looking to save some money. Fact is, a company like iCarMagic, AutoBase, HigherGear, DealerSocket, and so many other companies are quite costly. If you are a C.R.M-I.L.M. company like us that only charges $10.00 per day for an entire dealership no way can you start dropping $100,000.00 and more total to various manufacturers to get certified. Who in the end looses out....the dealer that is looking to reduce his expenses.

Last edited:
Manufacuteres force dealers to select "certified ILM lead processors" through a "Pay to Play" certification proceedure. The factory does not want small regional C.R.M.-I.L.M. software providers which provide their products at a more resonable price (when compared to the national companies). For instance, to become a "certified elead processor" for GMAC (to receive GMAC leads in the I.L.M. program) the cost is $20,000. For Ford it is $20,000, Subaru $10,000.00 and so on and so on. Certification runs between $10,000 and $20,000 paid to a vendor the factory has ties with (exp. Urban Science). This policy effectively keeps affordable C.R.M.-I.L.M. providers from doing business with car dealers looking to save some money. Fact is, a company like iCarMagic, AutoBase, HigherGear, DealerSocket, and so many other companies are quite costly. If you are a C.R.M-I.L.M.

Actually what you are saying isn't entirely true. We are certified with several OEMs and most had no fees at all. I won't get in to the fees or details due to confidentiality.

Most OEMs just won't certify companies who don't have a certain volume of dealers. It obviously costs them time and money for every vendor they support, and they don't want to waste their resources for a vendor who has a couple dealers.

So it creates the chicken vs the egg problem. You can't sign dealers up because you aren't certified and you can't get certified because you don't have any customers.

As for Hyundaiusa.com leads -
We manually push ours into our CRM, (Imagic) - we just have our cells get the text when one hits the Hyundai site and then the manager pushes it immediately into CRM.
We don't feel we lose much by pushing but do land 5-10 Priority leads a month.

I have had a question about the numbers that we get from Hyundai based on our area, (Fredericksburg, VA). I don't understand why they aren't higher. Sometimes I get to glance at the numbers other dealers are getting.
They are all so low except for a couple of the volume dealers. The answers I get from our rep just don't make sense.

Usually when it feels like something is wrong - there is - it a mystery I haven't solved yet. Especially based on the Hyundai product and programs right now the volume should not be as low as it is -- even in this market!!

Manufactures force dealers to select "certified ILM lead processors" through a "Pay to Play" certification procedure. The factory does not want small regional C.R.M.-I.L.M. software providers which provide their products at a more reasonable price (when compared to the national companies). For instance, to become a "certified elead processor" for GMAC (to receive GMAC leads in the I.L.M. program) the cost is $20,000. For Ford it is $20,000, Subaru $10,000.00 and so on and so on. Certification runs between $10,000 and $20,000 paid to a vendor the factory has ties with (exp. Urban Science). This policy effectively keeps affordable C.R.M.-I.L.M. providers from doing business with car dealers looking to save some money. Fact is, a company like iCarMagic, AutoBase, HigherGear, DealerSocket, and so many other companies are quite costly. If you are a C.R.M-I.L.M. company like us that only charges $10.00 per day for an entire dealership no way can you start dropping $100,000.00 and more total to various manufacturers to get certified. Who in the end looses out....the dealer that is looking to reduce his expenses.

The fees may be costly - but there is a pretty big job to do as a CRM company; sometimes paying to play makes sure that the product has what it takes to make it on the long haul, so dealers don't pinch a penny and lose a dollar. Just a thought. :)

Audi isn't forcing a company but their lead tracking does not mesh with Cobalt well, and they are starting to get as strict as VW with lead response. They base it off their own tracking system, which is awful, and blatantly wrong data, and this is eventually going to force me to change to a system compatible with Audi's. (Though I have been wanting to switch anyway, it still isn't right)

Audi isn't forcing a company but their lead tracking does not mesh with Cobalt well, and they are starting to get as strict as VW with lead response. They base it off their own tracking system, which is awful, and blatantly wrong data, and this is eventually going to force me to change to a system compatible with Audi's. (Though I have been wanting to switch anyway, it still isn't right)

We (VinSolutions) support Audi leads and could help.

That is strange. You'd think CoBalt could handle any of Audi's stuff with the relationship there. But any lead management tool can handle the XML leads Audi sends. If you get desperate, switch your leads to text or HTML and have them forwarded to your regular email account.

I know it has been awhile since this post started but I just ran upon this problem. I have been shopping CRMs and thought today well I better check the "appoved" list from Nissan. One of my top 3 isn't on the approved ILM list according to the Nissan website. I was very surprised. But my CRM must work for 2 Nissan stores so I can't go with a vendor that is not on the list.

Surprised???

Lori Finney:rofl: