• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automotive Meme Ads - Need your input

Automotive Meme Ads :thinker:

Could be effective. Memes have been ingrained into our (online) society - especially on the political side over the last several years.

As for this particular one... :2cents: At first glance, I didn't catch the connection. There's got to be a better angle/image of Will Smith bitch slapping Chris Rock. :light:

BTW - that was some crazy shit.

1648482360095.png

I could see it working in some cases and then completely failing on others.

Considering meme culture is mostly tailored to younger adults and teens (24 and under), I can't imagine many sales would come from this as they aren't really the greatest demographic to target for vehicle sales.

But on the other hand, if a teenager's parents are getting ready to buy the teen their first car and the teen sees this ad on social media they might be inclined to recommend their parents go to that dealership when they are shopping around.

I could see it working in some cases and then completely failing on others.

Considering meme culture is mostly tailored to younger adults and teens (24 and under), I can't imagine many sales would come from this as they aren't really the greatest demographic to target for vehicle sales.

But on the other hand, if a teenager's parents are getting ready to buy the teen their first car and the teen sees this ad on social media they might be inclined to recommend their parents go to that dealership when they are shopping around.
I would question this demographic. A lot of my peers are sharing memes of all kinds and that includes the 30-50 age group.