• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best "Value Your Trade" platform?

As an added benefit, if you have TIM, it is fully and seamlessly integrated into the vAuto appraisal module. <end of shameless plug> :)

Yes, but as I've said before and will say over and over, TIM has no business being on your dealership website for lead generation. I would have it on a hidden page accessible by direct link only.

Reactions: Stefan
@Jeff Kershner -- what timing to bring up an old thread!

I just saw a demo for http://www.eautoappraise.com/ - and man was I impressed.

A few points I liked:

1. Credit Miner - soft credit pulls -- SEAMLESS for the consumer! And, you as a dealer get more information to help close the lead on an appointment!

2. Facebook - No need to fill in the form for the customer ... if you want they can use your Facebook account to prefill it in. Didn't I see a post from Jeff on this?

3. NO Branding -- no kbb, no blackbook, no nada, no edmunds, no purecars, etc... -- NO branding... making it look more like a dealer appraisel!

4. You can control the over/under for values down to the make/model. (Did I say you need "hope for gain?")

5. Customer photo and video uploads!

6. End of process special offers -- making your offer stand out...with a video, coupon, or ?? -- looks like you can be pretty creative!

@DrewAment I just sat through a demo of TradePending - simplistic without all the hoopla that no one uses anyways, like...

5. Customer photo and video uploads! I was using a service awhile ago that offered this. I even pushed the feature when and where I could. Not 1 person ever used it. It's easier to ask the person to text you the photos from their phone.

4. You can control the over/under for values down to the make/model - hows that for transparency?

3. NO Branding -- no kbb, no blackbook, no nada, no edmunds, no purecars, etc... -- NO branding... making it look more like a dealer appraisal! - That's debatable 3rd party is GOOD, 3rd Party is BAD! Which is it?

2. Facebook - No need to fill in the form for the customer ... if you want they can use your Facebook account to prefill it in. Didn't I see a post from Jeff on this? Facebook is testing / evolving the traditional form fill process, but only within the facebook environment

What's the purpose of the trade-in form anyways?

1. To provide the shopper a great experience and an easy 1,2,3 step evaluation on the value of their vehicle (that they will never be satisfied with)?

2. Convert into a form fill lead?

Outside of the US there are a number of providers that are doing trade-in appraisal booths.
North America is standing still on this one, but I think the biggest disruption will be when Jiffy Lube puts in a vehicle appraisal system.
I think consumers can be trained to appraise their vehicle offline, rather than filling out a form / uploading photos to a single dealer.

Whichever provider you use, I would find out what your form abandon rate is, since in the end you are both trying to give the shopper an approximate number, but more importantly capture a hand-raiser. If your trade in tool is more like an appraisal interrogation, you’re likely seeing a 20% or more form-abandon rate, frustrating consumers and missing opportunities.

Whichever provider you use, I would find out what your form abandon rate is, since in the end you are both trying to give the shopper an approximate number, but more importantly capture a hand-raiser. If your trade in tool is more like an appraisal interrogation, you’re likely seeing a 20% or more form-abandon rate, frustrating consumers and missing opportunities.

This is absolutely a topic we plan to tackle on today's show at 1:00 PM EST. The sad part about what you're saying @georgenenni is that most dealers employ an "appraisal interrogation" plugin.

Hopefully we can at least open some eyes today.

Here's the recording:

Attachments

• June-27-Brice-Englert-TradePending.png
    June-27-Brice-Englert-TradePending.png
    774.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: George Nenni