• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Big Problem with 2021 Vroom's Super Bowl Commercial

Alexander Oleynik

Green Pea
Oct 12, 2012
Awards
First Name
Alex
I was just on the call with Dealer Inspire and they shared the Vrooms Super Bowl Commercial that will run on Feb 7th. And it's directly targeted at Car Dealers in a very negative way.
And I think this might be a bigger problem to all dealers than we all think it is, when Carvana came to market, they've never put this negative picture on the car dealers.

I think Car Dealers can do something about this. Maybe we can even stop this from running on the Super Bowl?

here are some old ads from 6 months ago

I just don't think this type of ad is ok.

at least some people share their experience on those ads
1611849618301.png
this is awful:
1611849705014.png

You have to admit at a marketing standpoint the delivery is brilliant. They created a mini series that ties into each other with clear messaging attacking each single frustrations buyers have from us.

At the same time, I do hate the fact that they are dragging someone down (ie dealers) to bring themselves up. They clearly have some issues to fix on their end.

Plus, their ad is really not about what they are providing to the customer (really).

Reactions: ChrisR and craigh
You have to admit at a marketing standpoint the delivery is brilliant. They created a mini series that ties into each other with clear messaging attacking each single frustrations buyers have from us.

At the same time, I do hate the fact that they are dragging someone down (ie dealers) to bring themselves up. They clearly have some issues to fix on their end.

Plus, their ad is really not about what they are providing to the customer (really).

To quote Gary Vee, "there are two ways to build the biggest building in town. One, is to build the biggest building in town. The other, is to tear down all of the other buildings."