#RefreshFriday Brian Pasch - Social Advertising and Attitudes

For good measure...

New Jersey-Based Telephone Fundraisers Banned from Soliciting Donations; Will Pay $18.8 Million for Violating FTC Order

The operators of a New Jersey-based telemarketing scheme will pay a record $18.8 million and leave the charitable donation business to settle charges that they violated a Federal Trade Commission order by misleading consumers to believe that they were donating directly to legitimate charities serving police, firefighters, and veterans, when in fact only a small slice of the donations actually went to these charities.

The civil penalty against Civic Development Group, LLC; CDG Management LLC; and owners Scott Pasch and David Keezer is the largest ever in an FTC consumer protection case. The penalty should deter others from violating Commission orders and from deceiving consumers and harming legitimate charities. The case was filed on the FTC’s behalf by the U.S. Department of Justice.

People should do their research before they defend the Pasch group (and that doesn’t mean asking them to “defend themselves”). Watch the HBO documentary that came out last year on them. The fact the person who is actually sharing the history of them was banned from this forum but the actual scam artists who have scammed tens of millions off of fake charity telemarketing companies and now run a vendor “extortion ring”; the fact that are allowed to continue and even sell their wares to the community honestly makes me sad.

The fact the person who is actually sharing the history of them was banned from this forum

I assume you're referring to Alexander Lau. He was not banned for his actions in this thread. He became a troll on almost every topic and raged against the moderators. The community asked to ban him many times before we did.

Two very different things.

Reactions: Ryan Hartigan
I assume you're referring to Alexander Lau. He was not banned for his actions in this thread. He became a troll on almost every topic and raged against the moderators. The community asked to ban him many times before we did.

Two very different things.

Yeah he did seemingly take a bit of an aggressive stance here so that makes sense