• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Call Revu Needs a "REVU"

derrickwoolfson

4 Pounder
Sep 10, 2014
Awards
First Name
Derrick
Tracking phones is imperative as it assists in bettering the way we handle and approach the phones. But if you have had the chance to "REVU" (really? r we using shrt ling now?) "CALL REVU" it is nothing more than a bloated, clumsy, unapproachable excel sheet filled with electric colors that will nearly leave you blind as you try to figure out what their menu options mean with all of their awkward "-1" reporting schemes.

I mean, you cannot even EDIT a number!! You cannot even provision a line!? The whole idea is to have an easy interface that allows you (at the dealer) to make changes as needed. BUT, NOPE - have to call into support and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Rant Over.

All that to say, who has the best call monitoring vendor? I MISS CARWARS!

Tracking phones is imperative as it assists in bettering the way we handle and approach the phones. But if you have had the chance to "REVU" (really? r we using shrt ling now?) "CALL REVU" it is nothing more than a bloated, clumsy, unapproachable excel sheet filled with electric colors that will nearly leave you blind as you try to figure out what their menu options mean with all of their awkward "-1" reporting schemes.

I mean, you cannot even EDIT a number!! You cannot even provision a line!? The whole idea is to have an easy interface that allows you (at the dealer) to make changes as needed. BUT, NOPE - have to call into support and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait. Rant Over.

I personally prefer Call Rail, one of the most robust systems I've ever used. (we do use CarWars at some locations)
https://www.callrail.com/

Isn't reporting the most important feature* when it comes to call tracking? :)

*as long as managers utilize it
Ryan, reporting is very important. And their reporting is very clumsy. You have to click through 4-5 screens to get to their "classic" dashboard, which does not automatically include month to date calls. So then you have to reset it each and every time. It is not user friendly. Period.

@derrickwoolfson besides the reporting, are there any other issues or features you believe to me missing out on?
The very fact that you cannot edit/provision a line is absurd. I should not have to call support (or chat) to edit a line! I also do not like the fact that they do not offer the ability to edit/update a customer call. Wherein, in CarWars I could update that "John Doe" is "Jane Does" husband, and he was calling to confirm their appt, which in Call Revu counts as another "sales" call which was already related to the customer who had an appointment. The other very frustrating issue with CallRevu is their transcribing, which has horrendous spelling errors. And they delete what they call "conversation" words, which I think they should include. For example, if they are on the phone for 9-13 minutes it could be the "rep" is offering to much information.

Ryan, reporting is very important. But if the reporting is very clumsy. You have to click through 4-5 screens to get to their "classic" dashboard, which does not automatically include month to date calls. So then you have to reset it each and every time. It is not user friendly. Period.
Derrick, that was exactly my point. Who cares about any other features that may be missing when you can barely use the feature that is the reason most dealers arguably sign up for call tracking - the reporting ability.

Reactions: derrickwoolfson

I could have written this myself. Call Revu is the trainwreck of trainwrecks. If you haven't been the victim / user of Call Revu, you really wouldn't believe how bad it is.

Imagine if you designed a call tracking system before the internet was invented. Also imagine that you're bad at math, and that you create reporting that doesn't add up. (Maybe they have some ex VinSolutions engineers on board? Oy!) And imagine that you cobbled together the most obtuse user interface that man has ever decided to disgrace the internet with.

Then you'd have something better than Call Revu.

I personally prefer Call Rail, one of the most robust systems I've ever used. (we do use CarWars at some locations)
https://www.callrail.com/

I can second this. CallRail is missing some stuff that I would like, but it's 100% self-service, the reporting that exists is great, and best of all, I don't hate using it.

If I need to call a human to do a basic thing in the modern world, that's a failure. (Hi Call Revu.) I haven't talked to anyone by phone at CallRail since I signed up.