• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CallRevu - any dealerships using this? Effective - yes / no?

"Here's the big question. How much for the service ?" Dan, We are $2.95 per monitored call-- no minimum, no contract--lines provided at no extra charge, you can cap the cost at the level you are comfortable with--- 30 trial-- Try us for 30 days, not happy? Discontinue and tear up the invoice...

I had a few dealers using the product and initially they loved it but thought it was too expensive. Also, the product inevitably uncovers areas where some of the management are not doing their job. It was really hard for me to get the management to get behind the product because it was making them look bad every time one of their people made a mistake on the phone. Right or wrong, this is what happened. Nobody wants a tool that points out the shortfalls of their department unless of course you are the owner.

Oh no...accountability. Always one of the driving reasons on why technology fails. Most people hate accountability and so many of our industries services and software are about accountability.

After so many opportunities, I'd dismiss people that were afraid of accountability, especially if they failed to use the technology for that sole reason.

Jim, sounds like you know a dealer that needs some ninja like phone skills so being held accountable results in something positive.

I had a few dealers using the product and initially they loved it but thought it was too expensive. Also, the product inevitably uncovers areas where some of the management are not doing their job. It was really hard for me to get the management to get behind the product because it was making them look bad every time one of their people made a mistake on the phone. Right or wrong, this is what happened. Nobody wants a tool that points out the shortfalls of their department unless of course you are the owner.

Jim, I would agree 1000% that without proper engagement there is a huge risk of push-back from proud department heads..., and that any expense at all is too much if this (or any performance enhancing tool) does not have "buy-in". CallRevu indeed failed the dealer if we were not able to create that engagement! The relationship between the vendor and the DP/GM is critical to its success as well. In services like ours, the vendor can be perceived as an "Automotive Proctologist", and even though its critical to the health of the business-- not well received. It is always the vendor's responsibility to create this engagement if they are to help the dealer succeed. Failure to do so, in my opinion, is a call for the vendor to step out. The real measurement, as Chip Perry said to his sales staff, is not the measurement of your sales to dealers, but the improvement of your client's performance.

If you took the initial approach in using this service as a training mechanism ... incorporating phone training at the same time, it may not be perceived as so intrusive. I think it's great!

Doing it right would be to have someone like Jerry mystery shop, bring him in to train and coach based on his findings, then monitor with this service for optimal results. Be honest with your sales staff and let them know that you will be spot checking on a regular basis. Add the word "CONSISTENCY" to your mission. Some people won't like it, but it is a business. And their success is linked to the success of the dealership. How do you argue with that without coming off as an arrogant and selfish butt-hole?

If you took the initial approach in using this service as a training mechanism ... incorporating phone training at the same time, it may not be perceived as so intrusive. I think it's great!

Doing it right would be to have someone like Jerry mystery shop, bring him in to train and coach based on his findings, then monitor with this service for optimal results. Be honest with your sales staff and let them know that you will be spot checking on a regular basis. Add the word "CONSISTENCY" to your mission. Some people won't like it, but it is a business. And their success is linked to the success of the dealership. How do you argue with that without coming off as an arrogant and selfish butt-hole?

Agreed...a training focus is critical---a 15% improvement in appt sets on the inbound calls (average we see across the country is *24% of all calls to new/lease/used depts, and 31% of all sales calls specifically about a vehicle) is 4 vehicle sales for every 100 calls using only 50% show and 50% buy--How important is $8000+ per one hundred calls per month?? Imagine the impact on the adv budget alone, if dealers elect to use effective training and coaching, and apply the "Improve or Remove" program with certifications required and minimum performance levels set in order to take the calls.....Maximizing current traffic before spending big$ to create more opportunities just makes sense!

* http://on.fb.me/gN8LPa - 50 Dealers Blended "Caller's Journey" stats

Sample Calls: http://bit.ly/ekKMZN This is happening every day!

I've been using Call Revu for over a year now and can say it has been extremely effective.

As the GM of a store with large advertising budget, the Call Revu reporting has been invaluable to me. The key word, as mentioned before, is accountability. This tool helps us get the most out of every advertising dollar we spend as well as control the quality of the calls. Chip King and his team have also been great in customizing the reports for whatever we need.

Hope this helps.

As a BDC Manager I find this tool to be effective and I love it!!!! We began using Call Revu about 8 months ago and have seen a significant increase in appointment set as well as our appointment to show ratio. Call Revu helps indentify areas of opportunity not only in my department but all departments which creates a guide to effective training. As "car people" we always no there's more. To get more you have to get better. To get better you have to know your current standings to set your goals. The product is great and so are the people, they are a pleasure to work with :)