• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Can anyone sell new cars this cheap?

ibdefaria

Rust & Dust
May 10, 2011
First Name
Daniel
Not trying to do any advertisement here... but my friend said she is driving down to Florida to buy a car from this dealer because it's just so much cheaper there.

http://www.delraykia.com

They offer $6000 off any new vehicle. This just seems too good to be true. I noticed they have pretty bad reviews in some places, but not enough to mark them as a big scam.

I cannot find anywhere else online someone selling new cars at this value.

Looking for a second and third opinion...

I know of a few Kia Dealerships that advertise anything from $3000 - $7000 off any new Kia. All of their vehicles typically have an addendum with a passive ignition cut-off or some other ridiculous item that adds $4k to the vehicle. I'd tell your friend that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I think one of the biggest "secrets" in the industry is that EVERY OEM sells their cars to dealers for the EXACT SAME PRICE.

So 1st, consumers need to realize that OEM's SELL cars to dealers.

2nd, every car with the same MSRP was sold to dealers for the same price -- whatever/whichever/wherever dealer.

Setting aside non-sensical stair-step programs, etc -- all dealers are in the same boat with the same tiny margins.

So yeah -- assume correctly that 100% of the time when it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

this dealer has comments on details page as "Internet sale price includes $2500 cash down or trade equity."

Yeah, I saw that right away. But even that would not make up for the $6000 off. Thanks for everyone's response. I told my friend that it would be pretty impossible for her to get such deal, but she insists that's how things row in Florida.. haha. Well, I will have to see it to believe it.

Yeah, I saw that right away. But even that would not make up for the $6000 off. Thanks for everyone's response. I told my friend that it would be pretty impossible for her to get such deal, but she insists that's how things row in Florida.. haha. Well, I will have to see it to believe it.

ha! The Magical Land of Florida! Walt Disney must've sprinkled some of his fairy dust on the local dealers.... wonder if the dealers have long wooden noses, or if your friend will walk-in and remark, My Mr. Dealer, What big Eyes (and Nose and Teeth) you have?!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I saw that right away. But even that would not make up for the $6000 off.

$2500 cash down or trade equity + discount + rebates = $6000 all day! I advertise some new vehicles with 6K discount without the cash down or equity. Amazing why dealers don't advertise price on new inventory. I'm sure this dealer is getting plenty of action! However, the $2500 cash down or trade equity is kind of misleading and illegal in some states.

There is always the one odd duck like ewalraven said that you may buy for a great discount.

I saw a 4x2 Jeep Wrangler (in WA state) with no top (no top period) manual and skinny wheels. It was a lot cheaper than a regualr Jeep would be BUT...

Not trying to do any advertisement here... but my friend said she is driving down to Florida to buy a car from this dealer because it's just so much cheaper there.

http://www.delraykia.com

They offer $6000 off any new vehicle. This just seems too good to be true. I noticed they have pretty bad reviews in some places, but not enough to mark them as a big scam.

I cannot find anywhere else online someone selling new cars at this value.

Looking for a second and third opinion...

Taken from dealer Rater:

They had me come down there after calling on an advertisment on their homepage on a sunday. When I got there I was shown a lesser model and a list of qualification questions that are almost impossible to qualify for. They are not nice prople when you ask them for the deal they advertise. 2012 Kia Sportage MSRP $23,936 for
$16,999. That MSRP is for the EX model, they show you the LX model and say they
dont have any EX models.
Ha Ha. The worst part is they won't remove the ad.
I would choose a different Kia dealer. For what its worth.

From their webpage:

Internet sale price includes $2500 cash down or trade equity. Dealer retains all available rebates and incentives at Internet Sale Price. See Salesperson or our incentives page to see if you qualify

*Plus Tag Tax and Dealer Fee. After all rebates. Must Finance with Dealer.

from their incentives tab on webpage: [available rebates for Kia Optima

$500 military rebate
$1000 owner loyalty rebate
$1000 competitive bonus rebate

______

2500 cash down
2500 rebates
dealer processing fee ?
600 frieght ?
___

CONCLUSION: 2500 cash down+2500 available rebates+ 600 frieght = $5600 added back to price ......

(a) She's driving to Florida for a car that's probably not there.
(b) $400 real money discount, which requires financing with the dealer to recieve said $400 discount.

Can't decide if biggest scam ever...
or rough draft for my next ad...

:(

Reactions: 1 person