• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Can anyone sell new cars this cheap?

She ended up buying a used car. If she ends up having issues with the car (a gray area in the warranty) she can't expect the home town dealers to jump through hoops to help.

That is a lot of miles for a 2011. Locally, certified Elantras are going for less with half those miles. They dropped the price $4000!? From where, aerospace?

Every customer got a good deal. That's why they bought it.

Mike, I'm sure that we are on the same side in this. Most of my internet experience has been in Dallas which is very competitive with absolutely no enforcement. I left a dealership because the new GM would buy thirty cars at auction and put them on line for what he paid for them. He would hit the customer for and additional $4500 for reconditioning, pre-prep, dealer installed accessories and anything else he could think up. His online inventory was four times what you could park on the lot. Customers called in for availability and were told that the car was there.

It worked well for a time. I had left to one of the closest, same brand, competitors. Our internet department, alone, outsold that store but at first, they cost us business. They haven't changed and their reputation is the pits. People still go in there and when hit with the bump, still buy the car. They were posting bogus reviews and got caught. Now their reviews reflect how they do business but they still get traffic. Sounds like red eye white mice to me.

Yup...

Got a competitor who does that on Long Island. 2011 CPO Grand Cherokee Laredos, $22,995.. 30k mile units.

Prep $995, Certification fee $1295, Transportation fee $995, and price only good if you finance 90% or more through them..etc...

People still fall for it.