• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Carfax Pricing

Check your Carfax bill! Effective April 1, 2012, monthly flat rate price for Carfax will be $1,899. Holy crap!! Talk about sticking it to the dealers. :mad:

Your Phone Ninjas bill is a lot less and we give you something of value!

I wonder if that is for all dealers or if they base it off something?

And that gouging only helps them make more commercials branding your salespeople as sleazy!

I'm sure that they are charging more/less depending on the cars you sell. Wouldn't make sense charging $1800 to a dealer that sells $50 cars a month.

A good topic for a thread would be: Do you use something else than Carfax and how do you overcome customer's objections.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps off-topic, but do any of the car salesmen in the CARFAX spots actually show them the CARFAX? I think that difference between "that dealer" and us is significant.

Couldn't agree more. Rather than call CARFAX "anti-dealer," why not leverage this campaign to our advantage? If the definition of a "good dealer" is transparency, why not include the CARFAX early on in the sales process? When buying used, shoppers are interested in THAT CAR more than THIS DEALERSHIP. Providing the VHR builds the buyer's confidence in the car AND the store. I think the point of the commercial is that there are quality used vehicles to be found and that quality dealers will provide consumers with credible information to make an informed decision.

And doesn't a CARFAX account help you to better a) value a car at trade-in and b) know what to buy at auction?

Nobody likes a price increase, and the notification here seems a bit inelegant. That said, the approach strikes me more as a reflection on the salesperson than the value of CARFAX.