• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CarNow! Serisously?!?! Why can't you fix this???

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Anyone in here using CarNow for their FB Messenger services??? Have you noticed issues with a serious lag with messages coming in??? Are you checking it??? You need to if you're not! Ours are lagging to a point to where you can't even have a conversation with the customer on FB. Some of the freaking messages aren't even being delivered at all into the dashboard??? We're spending $$$$ in paid ads and trying to use CarNow's software to manage these chats. This is turning into a trainwreck!!! Yes... there is a case made with multiple examples!!!! Where are your Dev's??? You would think that this would be a priority!

Rick - appreciate you brining this up to us. Sorry you are experiencing this issue and know we are looking into this immediately. I am sure you are aware but if not, we build off Meta's (Facebook Messenger's) API's and there are times when the API's have issues and we need the API owner to fix. This may or may not be the case and please understand I am not looking to pass the blame to Meta as it very well could be us but know either way, we find a fix. Questions let me know!

Bob, thanks for your response. I'm really hoping that this issue can be fixed. I'm kinda past the point of waiting and providing examples. It's disrupting everything and I'm completely unable to hold any of our internal team accountable for their results along with the Managed Chat services we're paying for as well (It's happening with them also). They're simply ending the chats 1 or 2 mins into it and saying no response because they're not getting the response from the customer into the dashboard in a timely manner. Its comes in 5 - 20 mins later and they will try and respond back but by that time the customer is long gone. So, that $$$ spent to start that message and the opportunity is completely wasted! Also, I'm watching the status on the Messenger API via the FB Dev portal and it Doesn't have any known issues. Also, I'm using AE on another website and I've crossed referenced their messenger timestamps as well and there's no issues there either. It seems that the center of this issue is revolving around CarNow's software and the integration structure into the FB Messenger API.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
@boblanham - I am just seeing you made the move to CarNow. Welcome to a whole new grind! Glad to see you on DealerRefresh proper.
Let's connect ...
Anyone in here using CarNow for their FB Messenger services??? Have you noticed issues with a serious lag with messages coming in??? Are you checking it??? You need to if you're not! Ours are lagging to a point to where you can't even have a conversation with the customer on FB. Some of the freaking messages aren't even being delivered at all into the dashboard??? We're spending $$$$ in paid ads and trying to use CarNow's software to manage these chats. This is turning into a trainwreck!!! Yes... there is a case made with multiple examples!!!! Where are your Dev's??? You would think that this would be a priority!
Bob, thanks for your response. I'm really hoping that this issue can be fixed. I'm kinda past the point of waiting and providing examples. It's disrupting everything and I'm completely unable to hold any of our internal team accountable for their results along with the Managed Chat services we're paying for as well (It's happening with them also). They're simply ending the chats 1 or 2 mins into it and saying no response because they're not getting the response from the customer into the dashboard in a timely manner. Its comes in 5 - 20 mins later and they will try and respond back but by that time the customer is long gone. So, that $$$ spent to start that message and the opportunity is completely wasted! Also, I'm watching the status on the Messenger API via the FB Dev portal and it Doesn't have any known issues. Also, I'm using AE on another website and I've crossed referenced their messenger timestamps as well and there's no issues there either. It seems that the center of this issue is revolving around CarNow's software and the integration structure into the FB Messenger API.
Rick, we have been working with Meta directly to get this resolved. I just wanted to
Rick - we found out that Facebook was sending messages to us from random IP addresses and some of these were blocked in the CarNow platform because of some explicit content that had originated from these IP addresses in the past. As a result the messages were not being delivered to the CarNow platform. We worked with the Facebook support team to determine the cause of this issue and will be removing the block on the IPs. We are also working with Facebook to understand how we are receiving explicit content through Facebook Messenger and have requested them to add additional checks to stop this from happening in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience but you should be good to go now!