• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com and Yahoo split? Someone please explain

That is a fact. And from what I am hearing True Cars traffic is way down.

I dont know whether it is losing Yahoo, or what, but Cars.com has dropped off DRASTICALLY for us and everyone around us. At least here on West Ridge Rd in Rochester.

We went from getting 20-25 leads a month from Cars.com to getting MAYBE getting 5 leads a month. And we haven't SOLD a vehicle from one of the leads since February.

At what point do we dump Cars.com and use the $800/month we spend on them, and put it towards PPC. For every $300 we spend on Google PPC, we net around 500 visits to our website and approximately 20 leads.

That spike came when they were advertising heavily on TV. The ad machine got toned down and now they are paying the price. That venture capital money must be evaporating quickly. If I were True Car, I'd be questioning that $50 million a year being spent with Yahoo. $50 million basically got them a downhill ski ride, what a joke! They would have been better off with their TV ads.

That spike came when they were advertising heavily on TV. The ad machine got toned down and now they are paying the price. That venture capital money must be evaporating quickly. If I were True Car, I'd be questioning that $50 million a year being spent with Yahoo. $50 million basically got them a downhill ski ride, what a joke! They would have been better off with their TV ads.

Jerry, Try to control your disappointment.

Reactions: 2 people