• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com & Truecar inventory listing practices #Carvana #Vroom

CARBIZ

Made Draw
May 17, 2010
First Name
Evan
How does everyone feel about Cars.com and Truecar advertising online inventories in your backyard? Between Carvana and Vroom there are almost 5,500 cars being advertised within 50 miles of my Baltimore location. In my opinion, this is hurting my business. We are already in an overly saturated used car market. Add that these two companies are less concerned with front end margin and more concerned with higher sales volumes to scale.

Are you aware this is happening?

Carvana Cars.JPG Vroom Cars.JPG

the new platform for cars.com is optimized for local search - but so is cargurus. i think that if you have an f-150 in stock and someone a mile from you is searching for an f-150 that YOUR vehicle should show ahead of ANY 3rd party, but ALL the 3rd parties show - new or used cargurus, truecar, leasehakr, edmunds, PLUS tier 1 and 2 OEM. the problem is that website providers and other vendors have not given dealers the tools to help change this - that is why my company build our platform.

AS FAR AS CARVANA and VROOM, THEY ARE A DEALERSHIP - a national group just like carmax or autonation. at least they have cars

not a really big concern after the fact that their prices are not very competitive, at least in our market (Central Florida). Yes, great experience and very easy buying experience, which in my opinion this is what makes them sell cars, but not because the car is a good deal. Industry is heading that way anyway.