1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars.com & Truecar inventory listing practices #Carvana #Vroom

Discussion in 'Industry Gripes' started by CARBIZ, Oct 7, 2017.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. CARBIZ

CARBIZ
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Evan
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Carbiz
    How does everyone feel about Cars.com and Truecar advertising online inventories in your backyard? Between Carvana and Vroom there are almost 5,500 cars being advertised within 50 miles of my Baltimore location. In my opinion, this is hurting my business. We are already in an overly saturated used car market. Add that these two companies are less concerned with front end margin and more concerned with higher sales volumes to scale.

Are you aware this is happening?

Carvana Cars.JPG Vroom Cars.JPG

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. TomLaPointe

TomLaPointe
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Big Tom
    Dealer or Company Name:
    CarChat24
    Twitter Handle:
    bigtomlapointe
    the new platform for cars.com is optimized for local search - but so is cargurus. i think that if you have an f-150 in stock and someone a mile from you is searching for an f-150 that YOUR vehicle should show ahead of ANY 3rd party, but ALL the 3rd parties show - new or used cargurus, truecar, leasehakr, edmunds, PLUS tier 1 and 2 OEM. the problem is that website providers and other vendors have not given dealers the tools to help change this - that is why my company build our platform.

AS FAR AS CARVANA and VROOM, THEY ARE A DEALERSHIP - a national group just like carmax or autonation. at least they have cars