- May 1, 2006
- First Name
That's what APIs do.I just attended NADA 2018 in Las Vegas and spoke with Fortellis team members. Basically, Fortellis is a developers toolbox to create APIs for their software to integrate dealership sites. It creates a standardization for connecting to third-party vendor software.
Yes, you're right. Their take is that its a standardization platform to do it quickly and you can create your own workflow thru their APIs that are much faster. Here's an example: https://developer.fortellis.io/api-reference/vehicle-sales/deal-creation-quotes-api . Note: I haven't used it yet, but I am interested in do so soon.That's what APIs do.
and have been thinking about how this doesn't get lost in the overall pursuit of revenue because the likelihood of canibalizing CDK products is high.If they can reduce their pricing to just an arm OR a leg, this will be very exciting for me.]
This is exactly where my head is at as well.Some thoughts I've had on the move
- It is a big to companies like Cox who are suing CDK and pretty much own service scheduling, inventory solutions, and OEM digital marketing relationships
- Get the technology new comers to begin pushing CDK DMS by showing cool features that cannot be done in Dominion, DealerBuilt, AutoSoft, Dealertrack, Reynolds, etc.
- Maybe they've decided it no longer makes sense to buy and shelf threatening products
- They're truly trying to create an Amazon Web Services environment where more than just CDK data streams are used
- The next phase is an app store, like Apple's, where technology solutions that use CDK data pay a monthly fee (hopefully much reduced from the current vig)
This is very different. This is a real SDK / API system for their data.I was going to pull data from CDK Data Services for a project of mine, about two years ago, but it was costly (had to become a CDK approved vendor). I'm not sure of their angle. Could be where they have hooks within their marketplace. I don't know. I had signed a two-way NDA, etc., until I realized the cost. This looks different.