• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK is opening up?

I spoke to them because we are interested in potentially developing our own service scheduler.

They don't have the pricing worked out but it sounds like it will be a tiered pricing model with charges per API call (fractions of a penny) and then charges per transaction (ie: successfully scheduled appointment).

I'm sure there will finally be some innovative products coming out in the next 3-6 months because of this!

I think they always had an API, but it was behind the scenes and you had to pay out the ass. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember hearing from the CDK dude I was dealing with there.

I know a few people who have worked with it, it has always been there, it is crap and very expensive though. Stuff like this and Reynolds BS is the reason that we don't do dealerships any more. It is sad that the DMS companies have to be this way, but the bigger thing is the dealership's and ownership won't stand up for their selves.

Reactions: Alexander Lau