• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Conquest Email Services - Exposed?

@brianpasch has been hot the trail of exposing conquest email services that are flat out wasting your money. Could you be spending money each month to market to folks in another state? You bet.

Brian has been collecting data around some companies and exposing those who are taking some dealerships to the cleaners. Maybe you want him to look into what your current provider is up to? Take a look at some of these examples below:

@brianpasch share how our community can get this info to you and what they should be looking for in their analytics and reporting.

Updated video:

CityTwist Named the Leader in Transparent Conquest Email Advertising in latest PCG Research Report.

This report by Brian Pasch from PCG outlines how to inspect your Conquest Email traffic in your Google Analytics. I am proud to say CityTwist was mentioned as being the leader transparent conquest email advertising, sending normal traffic which converted to form submissions and phone calls.

READ THE COMPLETE REPORT HERE: - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkfc8uy1t8vt7i0/PCG-Conquest-Email-Marketing-Report.pdf?dl=0

CityTwist is mentioned on pages 38-39.

First, thanks to the emailers who reached out and provided me with information regarding DU. Their email conquest are outsourced to a 3rd party company called Take 5 Solutions and design work was outsourced to Omni Advertising, so DU doesn't actually do any work.

@csabatka1
Hey Chad, great post and we completely agree about what happened between Dealers United and Take 5 Solutions. However, you mentioned that they outsourced their creative services to us, Omni Advertising. This is actually not true.... we are not affiliated with either of those companies whatsoever. They were outsourcing their creative to another agency called PMT Advertising, NOT Omni Advertising.

We know this because a client of ours came to us and told us they wanted to try this Dealers United email program. We always provide the creative on behalf of our dealerships and send the artwork to the vendors who need the campaigns. They took our creative and coded for their email campaign to blast out. We sent them the creative our clients wanted only for those dealerships that signed up with DU, we in no way were affiliated or taking on any other design work for them.

We are a full service ad agency for dealerships and regional markets... we have no interest in being a creative workshop for small resellers who need design work done.

If you have any questions, please call us at 561-620-4774, or send us a message on here.

Thanks,

Omni Advertising

I'll be the first to admit that we heavily rely on the Vendors that we enter into agreement to fulfill the product that has been offered and maintain Dealers United's reputation as a trusted source for products & services,

@Christian Ziegler

Christian,

We would like you to address the fact that Dealers United/Take 5 was NOT using Omni Advertising as your creative agency. Chad (@csabatka1) may have been misinformed about who the agency you were actually using really is.

All of their creative was outsourced to PMT Advertising, not Omni. We have this in writing from Pete at DU after we questioned where the creative was coming from (there were a lot of mistakes in the creative). So we ended up doing the creative for only our clients and sending back to you to use and send out. We were in no way affiliated or hired as your creative shop for anything you were selling... please address and confirm this.

Thanks

Hi Max

I don't discount any form of advertising/ marketing as long as it can deliver a measurable ROI. After looking at your website I have a better sense of how CT works.
Totally agree with this statement, but you know it's sold as the holy grail. One dealer I speaking about thought it was.

"I don't think any conquest email vendor should claim sole attribution of a sale from an email or sell conquest email as some kind of magic bullet."

It says that at the end of the month you match DMV records with emails sent. That's 1 measure. Do you minus out clients already in the dealers database, that the dealer should be emailing/ marketing to?
At the end of the day, if the dealer makes more then he spends, it's good. BUT if the dealers does a good job tracking the ROI on all marketing and finds a higher performing campaign, he'd be wise to redirect lower producing dollars to higher producing activities.

I firmly stand behind emailing their own client base. It will blow the doors off of anything else dollar for dollar. Remembering that should only be one component of the marketing plan.

Test & measure, if +ROI, Keep it. Throw out lower producing +ROI and shift dollars to other testing or enhance higher +ROI methods

Hi Max

I don't discount any form of advertising/ marketing as long as it can deliver a measurable ROI. After looking at your website I have a better sense of how CT works.
Totally agree with this statement, but you know it's sold as the holy grail. One dealer I speaking about thought it was.

"I don't think any conquest email vendor should claim sole attribution of a sale from an email or sell conquest email as some kind of magic bullet."

It says that at the end of the month you match DMV records with emails sent. That's 1 measure. Do you minus out clients already in the dealers database, that the dealer should be emailing/ marketing to?
At the end of the day, if the dealer makes more then he spends, it's good. BUT if the dealers does a good job tracking the ROI on all marketing and finds a higher performing campaign, he'd be wise to redirect lower producing dollars to higher producing activities.

I firmly stand behind emailing their own client base. It will blow the doors off of anything else dollar for dollar. Remembering that should only be one component of the marketing plan.

Test & measure, if +ROI, Keep it. Throw out lower producing +ROI and shift dollars to other testing or enhance higher +ROI methods

We do suppress existing customers from the campaign before deploying in order to make the campaign true conquest, but occasionally some existing customers still slip through the cracks. With that being said, we try to present ways for the dealer to measure the success of the campaign through Google Analytics and 3rd party sales reports from Polk, but again, the fact is that no email program can truly claim sole attribution of a sale. The true value behind this type of program is being able to get the dealers' brand, vehicles, and offers in front of local conquest buyers that are in-market to buy and have not purchased from that dealer before. The added bonus above and beyond the branding aspect is that we give them an avenue to click through and reach the dealers virtual inventory on their website. We are simply taking a proactive approach to reaching these consumers knowing that statistically over 90% of ups start shopping online before walking into a dealership.