• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM with blocked email...

Anybody on Vin have a way to email CableOne.net (Sparklight) email addresses? I've been at 2 stores now that I cannot reliably send email to CO addresses. Have spent hours working on it, to no avail.

VIN email servers are being blocked by CableOne. @ChrisR have you run your VIN IPs through Sender Score as of late? You may get some helpful information back.

This thread is from 2016 and dealers are still dealing with industry CRM's and email deliverability. :banghead:

VIN email servers are being blocked by CableOne. @ChrisR have you run your VIN IPs through Sender Score as of late? You may get some helpful information back.

This thread is from 2016 and dealers are still dealing with industry CRM's and email deliverability. :banghead:
I have not. Unfortunately, since I am unable to get full bounceback emails from Vin, to provide to CableOne, receiving assistance from CO was not possible. The funny part was, everytime I would forward an email to CO support, it was blocked for the same reason.

@ChrisR
Does VIN allow you to utilize an outside IP or MX records? If so, it may be a good idea to look at getting your own dedicated IP/Email server from Mandrillapp or Sendgrid utilizing your domain. Again, I am not sure if VIN allows you to use a third party email platform. If they do, this would most likely solve your problem. Maybe VIN (and other CRM companies) can offer dedicated IP address to dealers as a way to protect email reputations.

One more thing you might want to do is create your own Sparklight email account and utilize that to contact their support team about your email situation (you should send your Sparklight email address an email from your CRM and reference that to them).

@ChrisR
Does VIN allow you to utilize an outside IP or MX records? If so, it may be a good idea to look at getting your own dedicated IP/Email server from Mandrillapp or Sendgrid utilizing your domain. Again, I am not sure if VIN allows you to use a third party email platform. If they do, this would most likely solve your problem. Maybe VIN (and other CRM companies) can offer dedicated IP address to dealers as a way to protect email reputations.

One more thing you might want to do is create your own Sparklight email account and utilize that to contact their support team about your email situation (you should send your Sparklight email address an email from your CRM and reference that to them).

Working with Vin support to see what can be done.

I used to have a CableOne account, and that was the only way I was able to get in touch with a human there, all I could get from them was, "you're blacklisted, fix it." Back to Vin... :banghead:

I was just talking to a guy who oversaw a lot of Cox's infrastructure projects and I shared my metaphor for how I thought VinSolutions was built by Matt Watson... he started with a trailer in the trailer park and one day made it into a double-wide and then put a second story on it, but ran the plumbing on the outside of the trailer and continued to make this thing into a skyscraper with some movie set facade exterior... blah blah blah... he laughed and said I wasn't too far off.

Then he told me VinSolutions buys the largest instances of Dell servers in existence and actually needs more, but nobody makes them any larger. And that is why Vin crashes at the end of the month. It wasn't built to scale and it will take an enormous effort to remove the double-wide trailer at the bottom.

Reactions: ChrisR
I was just talking to a guy who oversaw a lot of Cox's infrastructure projects and I shared my metaphor for how I thought VinSolutions was built by Matt Watson... he started with a trailer in the trailer park and one day made it into a double-wide and then put a second story on it, but ran the plumbing on the outside of the trailer and continued to make this thing into a skyscraper with some movie set facade exterior... blah blah blah... he laughed and said I wasn't too far off.

Then he told me VinSolutions buys the largest instances of Dell servers in existence and actually needs more, but nobody makes them any larger. And that is why Vin crashes at the end of the month. It wasn't built to scale and it will take an enormous effort to remove the double-wide trailer at the bottom.

Sounds like Windows, and any software that outgrew its initial engineered specs. At some point, the ground up re-code needs to happen to help everybody out.