• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Current CRMs are missing an important piece of our business

emilymoore

Boss
Feb 21, 2011
Awards
First Name
Emily
I have recently submitted a feature request to Vinsolutions that could expand the capability of the CRM to include the important function of purchasing vehicles from our customers. Every dealer has become a buying center, yet our CRM fails to provide an adequate way of handling these customers. It seems silly to have what is supposed to be an all-encompassing database and skip an entire segment of our business. Does any other CRM offer this functionality? If more dealers raise awareness for the need, our providers will be more apt to provide it.

Message to @Vinsolutions

Since every dealer has essentially become a buying center, it would be a huge benefit if you could create a disposition for "Bought". Similar to marking a customer "Sold" when they buy from us, we could mark a customer "Bought" if we bought their vehicle from them and set up corresponding processes. This would allow us to better utilize our CRM for keeping customer info, printing applicable forms, communicating, and the reporting/ tracking of vehicles purchased from our customers (rather than marking those customers as "bad" or "lost" ) all key elements of a successful CRM.

I have recently submitted a feature request to Vinsolutions that could expand the capability of the CRM to include the important function of purchasing vehicles from our customers. Every dealer has become a buying center, yet our CRM fails to provide an adequate way of handling these customers. It seems silly to have what is supposed to be an all-encompassing database and skip an entire segment of our business. Does any other CRM offer this functionality? If more dealers raise awareness for the need, our providers will be more apt to provide it.

Message to @Vinsolutions

Since every dealer has essentially become a buying center, it would be a huge benefit if you could create a disposition for "Bought". Similar to marking a customer "Sold" when they buy from us, we could mark a customer "Bought" if we bought their vehicle from them and set up corresponding processes. This would allow us to better utilize our CRM for keeping customer info, printing applicable forms, communicating, and the reporting/ tracking of vehicles purchased from our customers (rather than marking those customers as "bad" or "lost" ) all key elements of a successful CRM.
I did the same thing a week, or so, back - if enough of us request it, perhaps we can get them to see the benefit of it to their users.

Reactions: emilymoore
What are you looking for, a custom "Status" that you can apply to the Contact Record in the event that this person is actually interested in selling their car. Or are these leads coming from your website and you want to be able to segment them automatically?

What are you looking for, a custom "Status" that you can apply to the Contact Record in the event that this person is actually interested in selling their car. Or are these leads coming from your website and you want to be able to segment them automatically?
When we street buy a car, our only options are "lost" or "bad" - as "Sold" doesn't fit. If they had a "Purchased" or something, that we could tie a different process to, it could help keep our CRMs clean.

Message to @Vinsolutions

we requested something similar with elead. We created an Acquisition status with Bought and Lost status'. there should be reporting in terms of total leads and bought closing ratio.

Message to @Vinsolutions

Hi Emily,
We do that here at Votenza. We call it "Needed 4 Inventory". Call and I'll fill you in. (757) 576-4100 mobile. Jock

I also use VinSolutions (not particularly a fan), but I can't really see how/why you couldn't use custom status/processes to achieve what you're looking for? We use them to segment a ton of different 'types' of contacts in VinSolutions. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I would gladly open a feature request if this is not currently doable.

I would just set up a custom lead source as 'Sold us a car', choose that source when you add the customer to the CRM, then you can have the process/status changed for that customer based off of that lead source.

Last edited: