• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Currents will replace Google+ for G Suite customers on July 6, 2020

Alexander Lau

Banned
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
cccc.JPG
You can bet Google will use this type of stuff as part of a ranking factor. Either way, could be very useful to dealerships.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re writing to let you know that Currents will become generally available (GA) on July 6, 2020. For Google+ users, the experience will be upgraded to Currents for your domain, XXXX. If you are an existing Currents beta participant, your Currents experience will remain the same.

Currents has an updated look and feel to Google+, and provides additional features for users and administrators. We’re contacting you ahead of the release, so that you can prepare your users for this change. If your organization does not use Google+, no action is required.

Why you’d use it
Exchange ideas at scale:
Currents makes it easy to have meaningful discussions by enabling leaders and employees to exchange ideas across the organization and gather valuable feedback and input from others — without flooding inboxes.
  • Currents features a streamlined experience for composing content — users can easily tag their posts and attach relevant attachments or images.
    • Once a user posts, others can comment, give feedback, and ask questions all in the same place.
    • Individual users can also track analytics for their posts.
Connect people to content:
Currents connects employees to useful and timely content that is personalized to their role and interests. Giving employees access to relevant content keeps them connected to the organization and creates more learning opportunities:
  • Content remains on Currents over time, so users can revisit and engage at a later date.
  • Tags and streams make it easy to find and discover content of interest.
  • Content in the home stream is ordered by relevance so it’s prioritized for what is most important to that individual, or users can choose to sort it chronologically.
How to get started
  • Admins: To request access to the beta program for your organization, please fill out this form.
  • End users: No action required.

How many Google products have come to change the world and are no longer around?

google_wave_snapshots_inbox.png

Google Wave turned into Gmail no?

IIRC, you're right, the Wave development team was shifted to Mail.

Personally, I strive to not use Google. They make a lot of political contributions and dropped their original motto of "don't be evil." It is my belief that organization is not working in my best interest and I choose to not use them in my personal life. Duck Duck Go is the search engine programmed into all of my devices.

Yes, I do use Google for business purposes. I do my best to keep up with what they're doing. However, I cannot get excited about anything new they do because of their track record killing these things off and my mission to not support them.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
IIRC, you're right, the Wave development team was shifted to Mail.

Personally, I strive to not use Google. They make a lot of political contributions and dropped their original motto of "don't be evil." It is my belief that organization is not working in my best interest and I choose to not use them in my personal life. Duck Duck Go is the search engine programmed into all of my devices.

Yes, I do use Google for business purposes. I do my best to keep up with what they're doing. However, I cannot get excited about anything new they do because of their track record killing these things off and my mission to not support them.
Yes, you're smart. I choose to not buy anything from China if possible. I always look. Google similarly, only what I have to that's "essential." Oof... there goes that word again.