• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com and Reynolds inventory integration

Dan,

Me personally, I wouldn't freaking do that. That's some major BS. Your already set up with homenet now right? So what integration fee are they speaking of? It's up and running now.

Crap like that really rubs me the wrong way.

So basically they're saying we're gonna charge you if you don't do this our way and it doesn't freaking matter if there's more work on your shoulders or not.
It's been up and running this way for years. I don't have an answer yet on what the fees will be. I can also only assume they'll try and charge a RCI fee too. No one else (with ReyRey DMS) got this letter from DDC yet?

Ed,

I'm glad you mentioned Conquest. I looked at it at NADA. It is a nice tool. Simple to use. For me it won't work. In January, it didn't have the ability to price by days in stock. I like to be a little more aggressive on older aged units. At the time I saw it, you couldn't use age as a factor. Basically your fresh unit would have the same discount as the aged unit. They did say they were working on adding something like that to it. Wasn't sure when it would be added.

It was a very nice tool though.
We've made number of improvements to Conquest over the past six months - just as we've consistently implemented our dealer's suggestions into the Provision system. To answer your specific concern Rick, the system now has the ability to add custom "aging / price buckets". (as shown below)

Price Rules.jpg

I think I would ask them this. Who's relationship was built first? Mine and DDC or ReyRey and DDC and which is more important to them. Based on the answer that is given back to me, would help make up my decision on maybe finding a new provider or not.

At the end of the day, your their customer.
ReyRey has been around since 1866 so I'm pretty sure I'd lose that argument.

Dan,

Here's an idea for. You could do the inventory integration with ReyRey and use the homenet feed to update your sale price fields. You can do this in the CC. You can set the feed to not over ride the vehicle, just the pricing. I would ask them if this is possible. I'm doing it now, I know it is possible.

A few moons back when DDC was getting into the inventory ballgame, I was using them to syndicate my inventory. We got into adding selling pricing to our vehicles. 150 - 200 cars wasn't bad to price. 600-700 cars was a nightmare. I needed a combination of certain fields to price by and at the time DDC's pricing tool couldn't do it. So I turned to homenet and was introduced to Data Conversions. Now my inventory makes a loop. I FTP the inventory to DDC, they in turn export to homenet, Data conversions happen and it's sent back to DDC and syndicated out to diff vendors. I know your probably asking Why or What??? With all the different vendors this inventory is going to, it's a nightmare to undo. So, I'm going by the old rule of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". Its been working pretty good. Believe it or not the guys over on the inventory team there at DDC are pretty good at what they do. They've helped me out with everything from photo FTP's to inventory FTP's to intransit files. Pretty much everything I could throw at them. I FTP about 5 different inventory files each day not including the homenet data that comes to them or the VAuto feeds for used inventory. I would ask them about this pricing update file from Homenet.

Dan - a few of us DealerRefreshers/Dealer.com'ers have been talking about this over breakfast. Not everything is adding up based on what's posted here and some emails that are going back and forth as well. We're on it and getting to the bottom of it. I think there is a simple answer that will clarify things ;) ....give us a few hours this morning.

Reactions: 1 person
Dan - I know your Digital Advisor is working directly with you on things. I have total confidence that Nate will get things handled and escalate anything our way if need be. Thank you for your patience and understanding that this is a learning experience for us :thumbup:

For anyone following along, Dealer.com officially became Reynolds Certified last week for Inventory and CRM. Part of our certification states that we cannot use any third parties to push or pull data from the Reynolds DMS (absolute right way to do a trusted integration). In Dan's case, I think there is some confusion around how HomeNet is being used to pull from his DMS and feed the data to us for display on his website. We're not even a full week into our new certification and we obviously have a few more operational road bumps to smooth out ;)

Reactions: 2 people
Dan - I know your Digital Advisor is working directly with you on things. I have total confidence that Nate will get things handled and escalate anything our way if need be. Thank you for your patience and understanding that this is a learning experience for us :thumbup:

For anyone following along, Dealer.com officially became Reynolds Certified last week for Inventory and CRM. Part of our certification states that we cannot use any third parties to push or pull data from the Reynolds DMS (absolute right way to do a trusted integration). In Dan's case, I think there is some confusion around how HomeNet is being used to pull from his DMS and feed the data to us for display on his website. We're not even a full week into our new certification and we obviously have a few more operational road bumps to smooth out ;)
If it helps, HomeNet is also RCI certified (as is vAuto). You are working with a couple of the most trusted companies in the business, Dan. They will get this figured out for you.
AutoTrader Group™ Announces New Certified Data Interfaces Between AutoTrader Group Software Solutions and Reynolds DMS

Reactions: 1 person
Dealer.com has some issues this morning. One of my dealers contacted me because he had only 1 new car available on his Dealer.com website and 0 used. So I called Dealer.com and I was caller 76. I hung up and tried to call back to see how many callers now and "all circuits are busy, goodbye!" How many callers does it take to blow up the "circuits"?