• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com is driving me nuts, what is the best alternative?

Remember that you may have a different version of the DDC website than other dealers. I work for a company that competes with DDC so I want to disclose that and that by no means I'm bringing it as a negative thing but just a fact for a company that large that may have different OEM platforms, areas, etc in different roll out stages.

@yagoparamo your right! They could be on a diff platform. I will say this though. For years I asked for the ability to add JS and Custom CSS to our DDC sites and was told it wasn't available only to find out that it was available with AC through an outside source and still then when I requested it, it was difficult to obtain as my rep was very hesitant to give access to it or even submit the workorder / SOW for me to get it. For @Nicolas Hesson, I would recommend making sure the rep he is talking to is actually a DDC rep first and then move to that persons manager.

At this time, however, it is not available for clients on the FCA Canada program."

Go to your OEM factory rep and the zone digital manager at FCA and if shift digital is involved ask the rep there too. Sounds like an odd decision not to have it for dealers that want it. @axsnyder is right the OEM (or Shift Digital) have pre-negotiated contracts with Dealer.com that limit some access to products.

Mazda just came out with a co-op option for Advanced Composer for $299 month. Ask if there is a charge and if you can co-op it. Keep asking and you'll get it.

We were with Dealer.com - it's the worst. I feel your pain.

We changed to Dealer Car Search. Not a ton of bells and whistles. Very good customer support which is a plus. When we need a change, it happens inside 24 hours. I did a lot of research on product, pricing, etc before we changed. We have been with DCS for about a year and are happy with the results. It did take about twice as long in setup (60 days total) as we were told, other than that it's been good.

I know several people that have been happy with Dealer Inspire. I also know of a WordPress style plugin site you can buy, edit, and continue changes in yourself (DM me if you want the details).

Just my two cents.

Since being in the car business, I've always been stuck with Dealer.com. My biggest issue with them is that it takes FOREVER to get an update done to the website. Even if I do the coding myself, it takes forever for them to add one. And besides the fact they want to charge you for every little thing from videos to a blog and the worst part is the software is TERRIBLE. Wordpress is FREE and it is superior.

Is anyone out there using a website provider that is amazing? That perhaps has REAL web designers there? And a site that I can customize on my own at any time?

If i wanted to replace a logo on dealer.com, i have to submit it as a support ticket... how silly is that?

I would love anyone's feeback on this.

I'm not a dealer. I am in no way associated with a dealer or any marketing group, but if it were my decision at a dealership, I'd be looking at Dealer Inspire for both web platform and marketing @ https://www.dealerinspire.com or potentially Autofusion @ https://www.autofusion.com.
@Alexander Lau, I looked at Dealer Inspire roughly about a year ago (maybe 8 months ago). I never looked at Autofusion. I was really interested in DI but the rep completely dropped the ball. After my questions to her, she told me, "She doesn't build websites! She just sells them!". At that point, I decided to just stick with DDC for the time being!

The more I think about dealer sites in general and what I really want in a website. I personally think, I'm going to have to venture outside the Automotive space to find / build it!

Reactions: Alexander Lau