• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com Production Project Manager

Patrick Workman

Lot Lizard
Apr 10, 2009
First Name
Patrick
About Dealer.com | Why You Should Choose Dealer.com

Overview
: Reporting to the Production Manager, the Project Manager configures new client accounts and site upgrades according to the requirements defined in the signed sales contract. The Project Manager will be crossed-trained to perform all variations of account set-ups and upgrades, though based on job volume and department capacity, an area of specialty may be determined. A Project Manager's workload is determined by the volume of jobs in the Production queue and he/she is expected to manage multiple account set ups for different clients concurrently. The Project Manager is the primary person responsible for the implementation and quality of the job and for coordinating the successful completion of delegated tasks. In most cases, the Project Manager is the primary contact with the client throughout the production process. Once the account is fully configured and/or launched, the Project Manager conducts a post-production handoff to appropriate DDC team(s) (Account Management, Support, etc.).

Responsibilities: 1. Configure of accounts may include (but are not limited to):
a. Account Setup
i. Contact client and develop relationship as primary liaison (and/or coordinate with sales person or Account Manager depending on type of site, OEM/partner program)
ii. Advise on presentation of website to consumer
iii. Apprise client on project status at all phases of production
iv. Follow procedures for ensuring compliance guidelines (where applicable) and quality are met
b. Websystem Configuration
i. Set up website and associated features
ii. Coordinate set up for associated inventory data feeds
c. Set up ancillary services (these may be part of or independent from an entire account set up)
i. Facilitate domain transfer and/or registration
ii. Coordinate set up for inventory data exports
iii. Identify email requirements and configure email accounts in DDC systems

2. Delegate custom tasks and/or sub-tasks to appropriate teams - Production Developers, Visual Design Group, Inventory Support, SEO, SEM, Domain Management, Site Development, Development, etc.
a. Assist in resolution of problems arising during production process
b. Ensure timely completion of custom work

3. Special projects and other duties as assigned

Qualifications: Knowledge, skills, abilities required:
Technical Skills - Good knowledge of web-based applications and common Internet protocols and conventions (web browsers, email, HTTP, FTP). Basic knowledge of web display languages (i.e., HTML, CSS) and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel) is also required. Knowledge of web development techniques and technologies as well as databases is preferred but not required (e.g., XML, JavaScript, Velocity, MySQL).
Communication Skills - Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing; positive customer service experience, including managing difficult situations and difficult people.
Organizational Skills - strong time management skills, above average ability to multi-task proactively and in response to issues as they arise, proven methods to manage self and others (both clients and colleagues) adept at problem-solving, able to follow procedures, flexible to creatively develop solutions and work-arounds as needed

Education and Work Experience:
A bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but 2 or more years of relevant work experience is an acceptable substitute. Basic to intermediate experience with web production techniques is required.

**ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 15TH**