• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer.com Sites are Down!!!

Are you, a dealer? Everyone has issues and struggles man. The sites went down. Is it the worst thing ever if we give a little grace?
Pffftt.. it's the repetition and frequency of it. Grace, who's she? That tramp was thrown out the door the first time it occurred. Aren't you new to auto? Don't make assumptions on whom I go to bat for dealer-wise. Not to sound like a jerk. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: George Nenni
I made no assumptions. Lots of great people who work over there at Dealer.com. While I think it's in the best interest of all involved to question almost everything, for the betterment of services and technology, I don't know that it's super productive to just bag on them.

And, yes. I am new to automotive. Are you saying my empathy will vaporize? It's happened before, I can't say it isn't possible to happen again.

• 💩
Reactions: craigh and Alexander Lau
I made no assumptions. Lots of great people who work over there at Dealer.com. While I think it's in the best interest of all involved to question almost everything, for the betterment of services and technology, I don't know that it's super productive to just bag on them.

And, yes. I am new to automotive. Are you saying my empathy will vaporize? It's happened before, I can't say it isn't possible to happen again.
Your empathy will vaporize.
:cursin:

• Dislike
Reactions: john.quinn
Good and smart move IMO by DDC and FD:

To: Ford Dealer
Subject: Important notice: Goodwill credit for Dealer.com Ford website outage

FordDirect is pleased to let you know a goodwill credit will be applied to your Parts and Accessories Statement as a result of the recent network outage that affected the availability of your Ford brand Dealer.com (DDC) powered website.

FordDirect and Dealer.com have worked together to determine the goodwill credit amount. This credit will be applied on your November Parts and Accessories Statement:

Goodwill credit DDC outage: $453.47 (Ford branded website)

Although this type of outage is rare, it is never acceptable. Dealer.com is working with all of its network partners to audit and ensure best practices are implemented across its entire network system. In addition, Dealer.com has accelerated a planned migration of its web platform to Amazon Web Services, which will further ensure network availability.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your FordDirect Digital Performance Manager.

Good and smart move IMO by DDC and FD:

To: Ford Dealer
Subject: Important notice: Goodwill credit for Dealer.com Ford website outage

FordDirect is pleased to let you know a goodwill credit will be applied to your Parts and Accessories Statement as a result of the recent network outage that affected the availability of your Ford brand Dealer.com (DDC) powered website.

FordDirect and Dealer.com have worked together to determine the goodwill credit amount. This credit will be applied on your November Parts and Accessories Statement:

Goodwill credit DDC outage: $453.47 (Ford branded website)

Although this type of outage is rare, it is never acceptable. Dealer.com is working with all of its network partners to audit and ensure best practices are implemented across its entire network system. In addition, Dealer.com has accelerated a planned migration of its web platform to Amazon Web Services, which will further ensure network availability.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your FordDirect Digital Performance Manager.
I received this today but it honestly made me more upset that it appears they're only doing this for Ford websites and not proactively for every "valued" client regardless of manufacturer.