• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerRefresh Radio????

I agree, Phillip does do a great job and has a great voice for it too. I only wish I was as smooth and fluent as he.

We've considered a DR Podcast in the past. Who knows - with some more resources in the possible future here, this might be a play.

Jerry,

With your phone skills I would think you could be a pretty awesome host yourself. How many listeners do you think are in on these shows?

I believe Philip told me he gets 3-5 hundred per show.

It would take a lot of practice to get as good as Philip, but I am sure I could do a respectable job given that I can get up in front of a room of people and talk for 8 hours and keep them engaged.

I'll ping the man himself and perhaps he can shed a little light on how he got to where he is today with his radio show.

Ping Mr. Philip Zelinger!

Hi Guys,

First, I absolutely recommend that DealeRefresh host their own Blog Talk Radio Station with a variety of shows. It has proven to be a fantastic way for me to find and review cutting edge vendors applying new technologies and applications for consideration by my affiliated automotive advertising agencies and dealer/vendor clients.

Second, the key is the content -- my role is to simply select vendors and share their best practices which address the common problems and concerns of our followers, much like Jeff and DealerRefresh do in a much broader forum than I can hope to manage.

Third, my secret to attracting listeners is to distribute the shows as podcasts to our affiliated automotive advertising agencies, dealer/vendor clients and our communal data base of friends and shared clients who then post the link or share the files with their friends -- and so on!

Finally, Jeff and many of the people in DealerRefresh can do a better job as a host than I can and I stand available to help them in any way that I can. I would appreciate the opportunity to listen and learn from them and theirs so that I can continue to teach me and mine.

After all, what are friends -- and DealeRefresh -- for!

Phillip, thanks for chiming in and for sharing some of your secrets and the offer. I"ll ring your bell if we decide to go down that path. Though it would take awhile to achieve your skills on the mic - I sincerely mean that.

Hi Guys,

First, I absolutely recommend that DealeRefresh host their own Blog Talk Radio Station with a variety of shows. It has proven to be a fantastic way for me to find and review cutting edge vendors applying new technologies and applications for consideration by my affiliated automotive advertising agencies and dealer/vendor clients.

Second, the key is the content -- my role is to simply select vendors and share their best practices which address the common problems and concerns of our followers, much like Jeff and DealerRefresh do in a much broader forum than I can hope to manage.

Third, my secret to attracting listeners is to distribute the shows as podcasts to our affiliated automotive advertising agencies, dealer/vendor clients and our communal data base of friends and shared clients who then post the link or share the files with their friends -- and so on!

Finally, Jeff and many of the people in DealerRefresh can do a better job as a host than I can and I stand available to help them in any way that I can. I would appreciate the opportunity to listen and learn from them and theirs so that I can continue to teach me and mine.

After all, what are friends -- and DealeRefresh -- for!

I will agree with Jeff, I was quite impressed when I caught last week's show. Didn't really know what to expect, it is a great way to spend lunch and listen to some industry buzz.

I listen to a few podcasts religiously and they seem like work but not overly high maintenance. It also seems like Skype plays a roll in facilitating some of the phone calls to make it a little easier to call in and record. I would for surely add the DR podcast to my weekly listen!