• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealers flooding review sites with fake user reviews

Yes, I own an internet marketing company and have been in the automotive industry so my opinion may be biased. This is what I can tell you; LinkedIn, Yelp, Twitter, Facebook etc. can and are manipulated. G+ is an exception as it is much more difficult for the average user to manipulate and should be only handled by "processionals" to avoid consequences.

Ummmm, what? G+ can certainly be manipulated as easily as any of those others you just mentioned. There are sites all over the place that you can buy G+ followers. Here is one saying it'll sell US G+ followers for $93 per 1,000. Plus One Foundry - so not sure your thinking here.

There is a billion sites online, I would say 20% is an overestimate of which are 100& true to there services. Remember there is a plethora of Indian/Chinese youths out to take the USD promising gold and silver. Feel free to Google G+ places ban, address help and you'll see the complications people are facing.

Daily revenue $2 average visitors 300 1yr old outsource pop up site,they open the lemonade stand during summer close shop for the winter.

Plusonefoundry.com Buy Google Plus Ones - Web Analysis

Any customer taking the time to look up on BBB is there because they are had an issue, customers don't initially use BBB simply because it's inconvenient

That isn't entirely true. More people are searching BBB because it is a bit more reliable than the others. I know a ton of people including myself that search it for big purchases or services like car purchases, moving companies, jewelry purchases, cleaning services, etc.

I think people have changed with the times and BBB is becoming more of a tool once the decision has been narrowed.

That isn't entirely true. More people are searching BBB because it is a bit more reliable than the others. I know a ton of people including myself that search it for big purchases or services like car purchases, moving companies, jewelry purchases, cleaning services, etc.

I think people have changed with the times and BBB is becoming more of a tool once the decision has been narrowed.

There was that little issue with giving Hamas an A- rating but only after they paid the $425 membership fee ;)
Better Business Bureau: The Best Ratings Money Can Buy - ABC News

I thought I was talking to numbers guys? More customers are not searching the BBB if they are it's based on cause and affect. There's the old marketing saying "Customers don't know what they want, that's why we have to tell them".

BBB is growing?

Google
Daily Visitors; 92,799,000

yelp.com Daily Visitors 92,799,000

BBB Daily Visitors
: 266,700

I thought I was talking to numbers guys? More customers are not searching the BBB if they are it's based on cause and affect. There's the old marketing saying "Customers don't know what they want, that's why we have to tell them".

BBB is growing?

Google
Daily Visitors; 92,799,000

yelp.com Daily Visitors 92,799,000

BBB Daily Visitors
: 266,700
Mayhem, respectfully, WTF are you talking about?

Reactions: 2 people
BBB may be more reliable but above are statistics, the average customer is not getting there bases on a bushiness's reputation through BBB.