1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

DealerSocket Email Hell

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, Chat, Desking, Emails, Phone, SMS' started by SoCalMark, Feb 25, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Apex Automotive Group
    To expand- I sorted the report to only include gmail accounts and was seeing opt out link clicks which means some emails to gmail accounts were getting through

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. John V.

John V.
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    The Apex Automotive Group
    @SoCalMark@SoCalMark - I was able to work with one of the Level 3 Support engineers at DS regarding the issue you mentioned as I was having the same issue by doing some internal testing. We were able to track down a few issues that I think will help you as they did help me.
    1. The actual SPF record for dealersocket is include:_spf.dealersocket.com note the semicolon :
    2. the SPF record that dealersocket tells you to use when you using their validation tool under admin menu, and you domain does not pass, is WRONG and they need to update it.
    3. Since adding correct SPF record i am not getting PASS in my outbound emails to Gmail.
    See below

Message ID <[email protected]>
    Created at: Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 4:59 PM (Delivered after 142 seconds)
    To: j#########@gmail.com
    Subject: Am I stuck in your spam folder?
    SPF: PASS with IP 192.41.46.21 Learn more

Hope this help!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. AWNick

AWNick
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Nick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoWebing
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    Fantastic work! I hope some others can come in to verify this is a way to go. If so, we'll give your developer's work a lot more attention Nick :thumbup:

6. Baron Ringler

Baron Ringler
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Baron
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Planet Honda
    I've seen the issue with other CRM's as well, to a greater or lesser extent. But Dealersocket is the worst. I have never liked it, even on a usability scale. My thoughts are that nearly all CRM's are ancient technology. They may have been updated in looks or have added features over time, but underneath they are the exact same as when they were first created. Only the newest CRM's are situated differently and they will soon start to take over the market because of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ben Blanco

Ben Blanco
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Benjamin
    Twitter Handle:
    benvblanco
    We ran into this issue a few months ago with our clients as well. DealerSocket provided us the attached PDF that verifies the SPF record that everyone else has been sharing. Updating DNS records is always a chore. It can even be more daunting if updating an existing record. Plus, my SPF record won't match your SPF record so all we can do is share guides.

I think that's where a few good tools come into play to help us all out:

When testing these types of records I always like to set the TTL to 30 minutes or less. Once you're able to validate that your new record is correct then you set your TTL to an hour or more.

After making these changes we had a client that still had sporadic issues.
    • Check your subject lines.
      • Ex: "Hurry in to DEALER for savings!!!" (Kept being flagged as SPAM)
    • Do your templates include images?

After several rounds of testing on several different email clients I can't stress enough that sending 1:1 personalized emails will not only help with getting the original email in your customers inbox, but also with replies going back into DealerSocket. Hope this information is helpful. Cheers!

Attached Files: