• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Deceptive Disclaimers - How to you prep your lead for it

I would take your disclosure and point out the "tricks" the other dealers are playing and place this information into a informative semi professional transparent video you can send to your customers. Of course the video would have to be engaging enough to keep the customer watching but during this time you would be educating the customer on what to look for and how to compare pricing / apples to apples.

Place this video on a landing page within dealer website.

Got it.. btw.. nice off day today. I love blizzards on Saturday.

I hate these with a passion. Explaining them and convincing the customer that I am not lying to them takes up an inordinate amount of my time every day.

My problem is that while I run my internet dept, the owner insists that our store plays these games with any printed/internet/advertised prices... and is not willing to be persuaded otherwise.

How do I explain the deceptive disclaimer when it is my own dealership who is using it? I wish I could get them to change, but that effort is futile at this time. I always send itemized, non-deceptive quotes by email, but then it just looks like I'm packing on an extra $1-3k on top of our "internet price".