• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Did you get an iPad? Is it a game changer?

Ordering 2 today to give out in salesperson contests this month.......feel free to grab that idea. I hope the least tech savvy guys win them, since how can you not want to use one.....then they become exited about the web and start utilizing their own social networks to fuel their business..............

Gave 2 of these out in sales contests in April as said here. I swear 1 of the least tech savvy showroom salespeople won and here's an update of what he's done since.......

1. Traded in his old Crown Victoria for a new 2010 Toyota Prius.
2. Developed his own DealerRater review page.
3. Is now growing his Facebook network and updating his network with posts like how he averaged 74 mpg on his commute to work....complete with digital photos of his dash to prove it.

I can't say enough about how this device can be a game changer, not only in your life but the lives of those around you...... got my wife 1 for her birthday in May, helped both of us nicely:D

For those of you who are using one, have you replaced your laptop with the ipad? Do you still use a pc for most day to day activities?

The iPad, for me, is an addition. It has not replaced any of my computers, but I do use the iPad as an accessory for other machines. A Mac Mini powers my home entertainment and I use Mobile Air Mouse to control it with either the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch (whichever is closer) when I'm not in the living room where the keyboard and mouse are.

I have used that same app for giving Keynote or Powerpoint presentations from my laptop.

The iPad is my newspaper, my book shelf, and my travel companion. If I didn't have to do some "bigger" work things this week in Vegas, I would have left the laptop at home and only brought the iPad. I will be carrying the iPad around during this week's conferences though.

To answer your question directly, I must preface by saying my laptops are used as desktops and Dealer.com needs all employees to be portable as we need our computers in meetings and what not. If I only used a laptop to browse the Internet and check email, then I would probably be using the iPad much more.

P.S. I apologize for rambling. I had a rough flight schedule yesterday and I ramble when I'm sleep deprived.

I share the same response with Alex. It has become an additional device rather replacing my laptop or smartphone.

I did get balzy and decided to leave the laptop at home for DD9 and only taking my ipad. I didn't miss my laptop and was able to get what I needed done right from my ipad.

For me the ipad IS a media consumption device and not so much something I "work" on. It's decent for quick typing, catching up on reading, RSS, browsing (though it needs real tabbed browsing), movie watching, etc.

Hit the coffee shop - I take my iPad. Sitting on the couch at home getting into some heavy email and forum discussions - my laptop.

I love the bluetooth external keyboard, use it with my iPhone though and would definitely use it with an iPad.

Its great for writing emails, blog posts, etc, because if your sitting on the couch you just have a super lightweight keyboard instead of a laptop.

Just wished that Apple's magic mouse would work with it. If you haven't used one of these they are awesome. I love the slide feature that takes you back to the previous page, or forward.