• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Brochures. Do you use them? If Yes, How are you using them...

Tony,

The load time was a little slow on that PDF. What's up with the music? Ask Uncle Joe about his thoughts on that. Once I started scrolling I noticed the print was on the small side. Either I need readers or you need to put less on one page and make it readable for people. I know I can use the magnifier on the PDF, but I don't like magnifying and then having to use the horizontal scroll bar to read.

Don't take my remarks the wrong way, I like your product. It's certainly a lot better than a lot of the junk I see on mystery shops. I just think you could make your product even better.

A lot of the better CRM vendors have brochure capabilities within their product, so I imagine that has to be a tough sell for you.

Jerry,

Thank you for your input. That music actually belongs to the video that shows the BMW 1 series coupe. If the sample was hosted on dealership website, you would see the video with no problem. (You can download the latest reader and see the brochure on Internet Explorer, that will by pass the issue about brochure being hosted dealership website.) If that brochures was in an e-mail or hosted on the dealership website (Actual way the product works), you would understand what I mean, doesn't matter what browser you use.

PDF file is programmed to Fit on the user's screen. Our previous tests shows, actual customers who recieved these brochures do Zoom in and read the material. Try taking another look as a customer who is shopping for a vehicle.

CRM brochures are in heavy HTML format and causes e-mails to get stuck in spam folder, doesn't have the feel and look of a real brochure. Pitched it to 5 dealerships so far with 5 minute presantation and explanation, all golden.

I would like you to Mystery shop couple dealerships using the product and see what kind of a job they do in 2 weeks (product delivery time is second week of January, after 4 weeks of setup and 1 week of training for the staff.)

Thank you very much for your input.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of AutoTraders AutoBio. So much so, I was working with their dealer product team to try and build it out into an even more robust service/product for dealers. We of course didn't get too far, even after a years worth of hounding on AT to move forward. I eventually gave up and few of the team member I was working with moved on.

However, before moving on we did get a few things accomplished...Dealers have access to each of their vehicle Auto-Biographies from the Admin. You even have the option to include an omit different section of the AutoBio. All good besides the fact that you need access to the admin and what dealers is going to give all their sales people access? You could get someone from the admin side of your dealer to access each AutoBio and place them in an accessible folder on the main server for all to access and use. Just a thought.

I personally like the idea of sending a customer a professional pdf brochure on the vehicle of their choice. The PDF's need to be light though - As Jerry pointed out, this example took FOREVER to load.

PDF's are usually SPAM safe. Who can't open a PDF? Heck, even most phones can open a PDF. Easy to print and hand to the spouse too!!! :)

I've always been a fan of AutoTraders AutoBio. So much so, I was working with their dealer product team to try and build it out into an even more robust service/product for dealers. We of course didn't get too far, even after a years worth of hounding on AT to move forward. I eventually gave up and few of the team members I was working with moved on.

However, before moving on we did get a few things accomplished...Dealers have access to each of their vehicle Auto-Biographies from the Admin. You even have the option to include an omit different sections of the AutoBio. All good, besides the fact that you need access to the admin. And what dealer is going to give all their sales people access to the admin tool? You could get someone from the admin side of your dealer to access each AutoBio and place them in an accessible folder on the main server for all to access and use. Just a thought.

autotrader_bio.jpg

autotrader_bio2.jpg

I personally like the idea of sending a customer a professional pdf brochure on the vehicle of their choice. The PDF's need to be light though - As Jerry pointed out, this example took FOREVER to load.

PDF's are usually SPAM safe. Who can't open a PDF? Heck, even most phones can open a PDF. Easy to print and hand to the spouse too!!! :)

I'm in agreement with the others in this thread that the brochure in question was a bit dense on the load times. The idea is nice, and it would be something I wouldn't mind being able to toss to my customers, but as it sits it's a little heavy on the loading and reading, and a little light on pulling people back to my inventory.

I like this layout quite a bit more; more compact, tighter and much nicer overall. Although, in both cases a lot of the links back look and feel just slapped on and very repetitive and heavy handed; maybe it's me viewing it at 1600x900 and 1920x1080, but the resolution difference between the actual brochure and the added graphics is pretty abrupt, unclean cut lines (grey shows at button edges on "View All Inventory") and a lot of the graphics look like they had a little too much compression and smoothing done to get them to size. It makes me feel like I need glasses until I look at the text and everything's kosher again.

If I were shopping for a product like this, I'd prefer a richer color palette (manufacturer brochures can be an ocean of grey) and maybe to double up the first page to be two pages side by side, and the second page to dive into trim levels and specs. I get that you're a little limited based on the source material, but this is me speaking from an ideal standpoint for what I would want.

Right now we use VIN Brochures for used cars with the Motosnap/VIN Solutions CRM, and occasionally for new as well. Our customers seem to like it well enough, but our used cars also have 40+ pictures crammed into that email as well, and we've got 12-18 of all our new as well to get added in. It gets a little heavy at times, so something that was maybe a little more concise or size-controlled like this would be a nice thing to see.