• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Dealer 11, Are You Going?

Digital Dealer + No WiFi = #FAIL #STUPID #CRAZY #CHEAP #NOTGETTINGIT

Believe me, Jeff. I wanted wi-fi at Digital Dealer, also. The logistics of providing enough bandwidth via wi-fi for 2500+ people was going to cost a TON of money and they were going to have to bring in T10 (not T1) lines to even handle it. That's why we don't have it. Other events that have a few hundred people, it's much easier to accomplish. I investigated it from every angle I could but, in the end, it just wasn't feasible to provide enough bandwidth for that many people and still offer anything practical in the matter of speed, etc. People would just get frustrated.

That was a huge mistake, we'll all find you. Best bring a lot of money with you.

Believe me, Jeff. I wanted wi-fi at Digital Dealer, also. The logistics of providing enough bandwidth via wi-fi for 2500+ people was going to cost a TON of money and they were going to have to bring in T10 (not T1) lines to even handle it. That's why we don't have it. Other events that have a few hundred people, it's much easier to accomplish. I investigated it from every angle I could but, in the end, it just wasn't feasible to provide enough bandwidth for that many people and still offer anything practical in the matter of speed, etc. People would just get frustrated.

I could see how that could require a big internet pipe.

The problem is we are all the mercy of the crazy companies that supply the trade shows like Freeman and their internet provider (Not Digital Dealer themselves).
They charge like $1,000 for a TV to use for 3 days and the TV is only worth $500. But you can't carry in your own TV either. They charge for that and they must carry it in. The whole thing is nuts.

For what it cost to go you could have the WIFI...

The problem is we are all the mercy of the crazy companies that supply the trade shows like Freeman and their internet provider (Not Digital Dealer themselves).
They charge like $1,000 for a TV to use for 3 days and the TV is only worth $500. But you can't carry in your own TV either. They charge for that and they must carry it in. The whole thing is nuts.

Matt,

I am going to buy everything I need and then store it in a local storage facility and then reuse for NADA. This will be less expensive! No shipping twice either.