• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Marketing Agencies Using AI to Write SEO & Social?

We've tested out using Chat GPT to write content. The copy is not diverse enough, and it comes out much more rigid than hand-crafted content. You can only get so many different variations from the prompts, and it can be quite formulaic. That being said, I have used it to help expedite some of my executive tasks, and it's great at rephrasing paragraphs or combining notes into a complete thought. At the end of the day, you definitely should NOT be using copy/pasted AI content for SEO.
I've had a similar experience to Jessica. There are limited ways that we've found it useful.

In one win it came up with many brilliant taglines for a creative campaign, one of which we used.

For articles AI doesn't (yet) have a sufficiently deep understanding of the automotive industry and technology. So it's garbage in, garbage out. We sometimes use it for research to find new links, data, and ideas. The output, while seemingly facile prose, is still raw for both SEO and human readers. In the cases where we use it, it may be 35% of what ultimately goes into a post. It doesn't know our business, what's important, and what the reader needs to take away.

Part of the appeal is the gamification. It's seductively easy to spend a lot of time to test queries, evaluate the results, and repeat with several tries to hopefully get better output. Whether we spend 15 minutes or 2 hours though ... I sometimes wonder if it would have been more productive to run straight Google searches and write it from scratch ourselves.

Reactions: JessicaRobertson
I think it also comes down to: is the agency using AI to provide you with better content then they can produce, or are they using AI to save themselves time, you receive a less then ideal product and they still get paid the same?

A lot like when you hear about a product that is 'new and improved'. What they are really saying is: 'we found a cheaper way of making it'.

• Useful
Reactions: BillKVMotorCo
1000% no. AI-written content is garbage, even with a carefully crafted prompt. Even if you have humans editing the content afterwards, it's still not good enough.

well - is it good enough to have on your site? Sure, it's probably better than the garbage the OEMs give the website providers... but it's definitely not going to rank well in Google, and it's not going to be the kind of content that potential customers resonate with...
In my experience, prompt is everything! A person who doesn't understand how to write content themselves isn't going to use Ai effectively. Creating a detailed prompt that you can go back and fine tune over and over takes a person who can, in reality, do it just as well. But not as quickly. I've seen most content writers use it not necessarily for quality but speed. Curious to hear the backstory of this opinion^^

See, the issue is the AI is always going to be called out. Google translate even after 20 years is still not there yet.
I see posts here on the forums that are AI bots.

I don't think the prompts and mastery over them will be the answer.

Unless you understand the way of Japanese pottery!

I think that AI might churn out stuff super quick, but it can miss that special sauce that makes your brand unique.As a business owner, I'd wanna know if my agency was using AI to whip up my content. It's like, where's the love, you know? But hey, if it gets results and keeps costs down, maybe it's not all bad.Still, if you're intrigued by the idea of staying ahead of the curve, check out Athenia Digital. You'll see that they're on point with the latest trends and can help you navigate this whole digital marketing maze. Peep 'em at https://www.athinadigital.co.uk/ and see if they're the right fit for you.