• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you pay for an ILM & CRM tool?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
Do you work out of both tools at the same time (bi-manual input system :) )? If YES, I'm curious as to why you still have two separate tools in this day and age?

If NO, how long have you been off of ILM and solely using just CRM?

re: Do you pay for an ILM & CRM tool?

Do you work out of both tools at the same time (bi-manual input system :) )? If YES, I'm curious as to why you still have two separate tools in this day and age?

Yes. Because we're a multi-franchise dealer with some OEM's who insist we use their tool.

Fortunately, the use of these "other" tools has mainly been relegated to "Stopping the Clock" in recent years, as several have become "Pass Through" systems. But there are still one or two systems where we have to log-in to another tool, and check a box that we called or emailed a client.

Do you still pay for an ILM John? Or is this just due to OEM mandates?

Nothing is free. Yes -- we still have to pay for these services. Mitsubishi is a good example -- maybe Jeff can concur. Toyota is actually launching their own new pass-through system now, called "ELMS." And I'm currently researching a mysterious charge from Chrysler Digital that seems to be "outside" of the DDC website package. Stay tuned...

Do you still pay for an ILM John? Or is this just due to OEM mandates?

But if your question is: Do we choose to pay for independent ILM services?

My answer is: I know I'm kinda new to the community here, but I thought you thought better of me.

I know CRM was born of ILM efforts in the 90's (before someone coined "ILM"), but the concept of separation is like peanut butter without the jelly.

Last edited:
Yes - Mitsu is still on the ILM bandwagon with AVV Webcontrol. Leads still need to filter through Webcontrol. I have these leads copying over to our eLead CRM and we work the leads from there but first response to supposed to be made from Webcontrol. It's a real pain but then again so is everything with Mitsu.

Reactions: 1 person
Dealers should only have a CRM in this day and age. If they have an ILM and CRM, then they must have the wrong CRM that lacks good internet capabilities.

I'm not trying to promote our product here, but wanted to provide my knowledge on the topic here about OEMs.

VinSolutions can receive Mitsubishi leads. So AVV is not the sole provider. Per Jeff's comment, it surprises me that eLead can't receive Mitsubishi leads directly.

Toyota ELMS is just a name for their certification program I believe, not a mandated ILM product. For example, VinSolutions can receive Toyota leads via the new ELMS program.

I don't think there are any manufacturers that force a specific system that I know of. We receive leads for all major OEMs, and I'm pretty sure most other major CRM vendors do as well.

Yes - Mitsu is still on the ILM bandwagon with AVV Webcontrol. Leads still need to filter through Webcontrol. I have these leads copying over to our eLead CRM and we work the leads from there but first response to supposed to be made from Webcontrol. It's a real pain but then again so is everything with Mitsu.

Jeff, I have some experience with Mitsubishi. How often do you ask yourself, "who is at the helm of this ship"?