• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you think consumers are rethinking car sharing and ride-hailing services?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
For several years now, billions of dollars have been pumped into ride-hailing and car-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft.

Now, with widespread concern about coronavirus contagion, I've read a few articles saying they’re seeing a revival of shoppers’ curiosity in owning their own automotive. The Covid-19 pandemic has many folks worried about public transportation, ride sharing and even the latest food delivery service like DoorDash, UberEats and GrubHub.

Does anyone have customers coming in to purchase a vehicle with this concern or is this just the media spinning?

As these concerns persist, do you think it could have a long term impact on these services? What's you opinion?

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
As these concerns persist, do you think it could have a long term impact on these services? What's you opinion?

People always gravitate to the most convenient thing.

COVID-19 fears are not what they were and the knee-jerk reactions will subside over the summer. This fall will be interesting as the elections are going to take center stage. I do predict the places with continued quarantine measures will have new political foundations based on easing those. The quick win approach might be to take the stance of freedom... weird right?

We'll see how much hype the virus gets next flu season. Less virus = more Uber. .....oh wait. I forgot something. Let me correct it: Less virus NEWS = more Uber.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
@Jeff Kershner maybe they will not be so worried after all.. the CDC are a bunch of halfwit fucks....

Ohhh whoops, did we do that!?!? Again. this is the BIGGEST clusterfuck screwup in the history of the world economically speaking.