• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does Asking Customers for Voice Reviews Make Sense?

digital_gangster

3rd Base Coach
Sep 4, 2019
Awards
First Name
John
Listening to a podcast the other day and the host asked for "voice memos" to be sent to an email address. It got my brain going 100MPH because that's how it works and I was wondering if asking customers for VOICE REVIEWS would make sense for an auto dealership.

What do you think?

Because I am not sure if a 3rd party already offers this, please point me if one does.

My angle would be that they could be used for future marketing. An example might be voice overs for video ads or site content. Similar to the "famous sales guy with new car owner photo" maybe instead you can get 15-30 seconds of audio about their experience. Maybe the younger age demographic would be more likely to leave a voice review versus answering a review invite after purchase?

Problems might be jumbled voice reviews you cannot understand, lost reviews due to technical difficulties, BAD voice reviews you aren't going to re-post, storage of these reviews, loss of content for GMB and other review sites......and?? ‍♂️

Most dealerships do not need another thing to manage and I am sure it would be a pain to optimize a process for them, but I just wonder what the rest of the dealers think.

Reactions: ChrisR
When people are here, on that new car ether, I do ask (when available) if they would be willing to do a video review of their experience. Once I have a new facility to work in, I hope to have my same audio set up (at least) as I had in AZ, and now you have inspired me to pull the audio from those reviews for other purposes. There is a release/waiver I have people sign, to cover us on that front.

Thanks for the idea!

Listening to a podcast the other day and the host asked for "voice memos" to be sent to an email address. It got my brain going 100MPH because that's how it works and I was wondering if asking customers for VOICE REVIEWS would make sense for an auto dealership.

What do you think?

Because I am not sure if a 3rd party already offers this, please point me if one does.

My angle would be that they could be used for future marketing. An example might be voice overs for video ads or site content. Similar to the "famous sales guy with new car owner photo" maybe instead you can get 15-30 seconds of audio about their experience. Maybe the younger age demographic would be more likely to leave a voice review versus answering a review invite after purchase?

Problems might be jumbled voice reviews you cannot understand, lost reviews due to technical difficulties, BAD voice reviews you aren't going to re-post, storage of these reviews, loss of content for GMB and other review sites......and?? ‍♂

Most dealerships do not need another thing to manage and I am sure it would be a pain to optimize a process for them, but I just wonder what the rest of the dealers think.
I'm with Jeff - go for video testimonials, not audio.

Video testimonials can be used on virtually every advertising platform - facebook, instagram, youtube, snapchat, etc. Audio reviews, not so much. Radio? Maybe.

It makes complete sense for a podcast to ask for voice reviews because that's the platform they operate on - audio only.

Reactions: Marc Lavoie