• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does your website provide "concierge service"?

So if something happens then something else happens?

You have written a lot of words here and said absolutely nothing. What you keep describing are workflows.

Person does stuff -> present something -> person doesnt click it -> put person in new category -> Person does more stuff -> present person with something else -> person clicks -> rejoice!

Reactions: Alexander Lau
So Chris, is your 'beef' here that the term 'AI' is misrepresenting the actual use of technology being applied by AutoLeadStar, in that what their platform actually doing is performing a sequence of automation triggers to personalize the experience? Or is your beef that personalization is not a worthwhile direction for dealer websites?

As I stated initially, "The more a website can respond to my specific needs and interests, the more I will come back." That is Personalization. Why would we not want that on a dealer's website??

On a side note, I'd everyone to know that the Whiteboard video on DealerRefresh's 'Advertise' was literally modeled and scripted around @Chris Leslie. If you haven't seen this then be sure to have a look - https://www.dealerrefresh.com/advertise/

As the Product Manager at AutoLeadStar, I can tell you that we use a mix of rules based logic (if this then that) and true AI. We 'observe' thousands of users across hundreds of clients to understand what is performing best, at what time, and our machine makes decisions in realtime accordingly. So yes, we make personalized decisions that often use rules based logic, but we're also learning from the aggregate over time.