• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dominion Adaptive Websites

Apple Fanboy (like Alex)

<raises hand and says YES!> I don't "fanboy" many things, but I definitely appreciate not having to do 5 million things just to do 1 thing. But anyway, let's get this thread back on topic:

Responsive Design

In a nutshell, it is simply a single website that is resolution sensitive. It plays well with small mobile browsers and can be built to even play well with massive resolutions like you may find on a 30" monitor (2560 x 1600px). It is definitely cool as hell to grab a corner of your browser while on the Boston Globe's website and see how it scales up/down.

Granted, dragging the corner of your browser is not a regular computer practice, but looking at one website from a computer and then transitioning to a mobile device later is. Carrying a singular browsing experience across multiple platforms is the real advantage here. Dominion gets a big :thumbup: for actually getting this to market.

For those still debating the proper use of the terms Adaptive and Responsive, here is a very good article on the subject:
What is Responsive and Adaptive Web Design? - AMP Agency

Thanks for the link George. I sat through a demo last week. I was very impressed with how well this works. Nice job to Dominion to being one of the first in our industry to offer websites with this feature. From what I gather during the conversation, we'll be seeing full adaptive design as well. Very nice!

[video=vimeo;47014987]http://vimeo.com/47014987[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person