• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DR Meetup (Mid-Atlantic) - Who would be interested?

So I like the idea of a small DR "Meet-up" for in the Maryland DC area. We could host an afternoon happy hour - have a few subjects of conversation and then head out to dinner.

We are working on something much larger than a "meet-up" for 2013. More info to follow. It's really past due for DR to have a smaller conference. I don't believe I would ever want it to be Digital Dealer style with too many break out sessions and such. We will stick to very much like we did at Google earlier this year.

Smaller venue with 150-200 dealers at most (Not that Google is small)
Very niche with a higher level of education
Many other ideas around this.

Stay tuned.... :)

LOVE the support from everyone. Very awesome.

I'm in. Tuesday-wensday or Thursdays are best but ill make it work regardless. What is everyone interested in seeing/sharing/learning?
Are you guys thinking like an open mic style, or do you want to decide on certain subjects to discuss beforehand? Are we looking for a formal setup like normal conferences, or more informal round table discussion?

For a smaller meet up I'm thinking plush couch seating, large oversized chairs (so Blake can take a nap), large screens for presentations, start the day off at 11am and get some wine served with a light lunch (get relaxed and the juices flowing) - Aloft style physicality. Semi-formal round table like discussion.

Try to have dealers attending not be direct competitors (first come first serve) so everyone feels comfortable with sharing "their secrets". The format would be mostly dealers presenting a best practice that has clearly worked well for them. Supportive data, analysis, and working examples would need to be included.

5 Topic dealer presentations that all differ.
I'm thinking we would have 2-3 trainers / consultants commit and speak (Jerry, Joe Web)

I wonder what kind of sponsorship we could get for such a small event? 2 - 4 Sponsor limit - 20-25 people. Enough to cover costs for the physicality, lunch, wine, and maybe a dinner. Some nice additional benefits for the vendors. I've heard there are time the smaller events have a much better ROI then some of the larger events. More thought would go into this..

Sponsors would present on very much the same format. Best practices that have clearly worked well for their top dealers. Supportive data, analysis, and working examples would need to be included. No crappy vendors presentations. Good shit only. I would police and approve this.

There would be a nominal commitment fee. If you didn't show, you would be ridiculed and made fun of by all socai channels! Ha.

I'm just spouting this off the cuff but I'm sure there are some ideas here.

What would you like to see from a smaller "Meet-up" event like this?

Reactions: 4 people
Jerry your party was a great success! Could barely hear above all the conversation, many familiar and famous faces! You were very generous with the beautiful food spread and bar. Of course my water was in the bathtub full of ice which I also thought could come in handy if someone got an organ robbed from them as well!

For a smaller meet up I'm thinking plush couch seating, large oversized chairs (so Blake can take a nap), large screens for presentations, start the day off at 11am and get some wine served with a light lunch (get relaxed and the juices flowing) - Aloft style physicality. Semi-formal round table like discussion.

What would you like to see from a smaller "Meet-up" event like this?

Jeff, I would love to see this happen as a regional small meeting that we could drive to for 2 days max. Like you said; round table discussion with pre-set topics! A 20 group feel with no breakout sessions so dealers don’t have to choose one or the other sessions and can get all the content. Maybe somewhere close to major airport so if people do want to fly in, but keep it small. Find a centrally located area, doesn’t have to be fancy either, wine list is important though. 1st day start at 10am so we can drive in from Va. MD. DC. local. Meet till 6, then cocktails & talk to the sponsoring vendors if you want. Then a group dinner, wine again is most important. Breakfast at 8am, (Red Bull available) start at 9am and run till 3 to 4, depart to drive home.

What if dealers could submitted topics, and then vote on the content and topics to discuss. Or pick the hot topics of today along with some real meat. And I am not talking about feel good crap like how many LIKES your dealership has or how to get more Twitter followers. Productive topics, ideas and best practices with proven results that everyone can adapt and try that will move your bottom line. Maybe have 4 topics max and take a few hours on each? Also have an idea contest like in 20 groups, everyone share an idea, 5 mins tops. Bring copies for each person to take home, and have a prize for the winner voted on by everyone.

I think a small regional casual approach is a great idea and would appeal to many. I am in! Let me know what I can do to help get it rolling!