• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DR Meetup (Mid-Atlantic) - Who would be interested?

OK...I'm so disappointed there was no DDC presence last week! But, I got to finally meet Kevin, Blake, Ryan & many others! (More on that later) But back to the idea of this meet-up...what if it were a limited event and your likes:post ratio or something along those lines helped determine admittance? (and Blake's seating arrangement):popcorn: Lurkers beware!

Reactions: 1 person
I can think of a Vermonter or three who would fly down for this.

I can think of a Vendor in Boston that would be interested in coming alongside to make this a reality! I'm sure that some of the other regulars here would be game too.

This is a unique community and would surely put on an equally unique and informative get together. Say the Word Moderators!

(Great to meet you at DD13 Kelly! ;) )

My Demands for a Successful DR Conference:

1. Slurpee Machine
2. Panini Maker
3. Nerf Guns
4. Giant Lego Statues of Jeff & Alex
5. Waffle House within walking distance
6. "Large Oversized Chairs" So I can take a naps during Jeff's talks

I have a few additions. I also like nerf guns.

7. Purple Tie - Quinn added

8. Tune's - I request Alex to spin the tunes. He has a small music "background" and i've seen his play list and seen on here what Jeff listens to. I mean Jeff admitted to this last December in his playlist: Mistletow - Justin Beiber, Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift, The Christmas Album - Glee. Glee, but Justin Beiber Jeff..... really?

9. Jeff limited to 30 mins to get ready for dinner so not to hold up the entire group.

10. Vendors limited to only those that are active on DR.

11. Gong - only if KCar and Yago come

Oh, if Yago comes someone find him an "American Southern" translation app for his iPad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I have a few additions. I also like nerf guns.

7. Purple Tie - Quinn added

8. Tune's - I request Alex to spin the tunes. He has a small music "background" and i've seen his play list and seen on here what Jeff listens to. I mean Jeff admitted to this last December in his playlist: Mistletow - Justin Beiber, Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift, The Christmas Album - Glee. Glee, but Justin Beiber Jeff..... really?

9. Jeff limited to 30 mins to get ready for dinner so not to hold up the entire group.

10. Vendors limited to only those that are active on DR.

11. Gong - only if KCar and Yago come

Oh, if Yago comes someone find him an "American Southern" translation app for his iPad.

I'm up for it.

I sound better in person... so women always tell me ;)

We are working on something much larger than a "meet-up" for 2013. More info to follow. It's really past due for DR to have a smaller conference. I don't believe I would ever want it to be Digital Dealer style with too many break out sessions and such. We will stick to very much like we did at Google earlier this year.

Smaller venue with 150-200 dealers at most (Not that Google is small)
Very niche with a higher level of education
Many other ideas around this.

Stay tuned.... :)

Is this still in the plans?

Reactions: 1 person