• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
It's been a LONG time since I've been in the DrivingSales forums. From the homepage, it took me a few clicks to find the discussions.

I read through a few thread titles but didn't see much going on. I know they're still putting on their conference, with the next one being in Vegas Oct. 8-10, 2022. I had attended each one up until a few years ago and always walked away with some good information and insights.

Anyone still active in the discussions on DrivingSales.com ?

I haven't been to the conference in a few years but enjoyed it when I was going. I'd go again! Admittedly, my DealerRefresh bias has kept me on this site daily ;-)

We did look at it when FRIKINtech was getting started for advertising. It was something @Christine Plunkett, @Tom Harsha, and I entertained heavily but went through a series of reps who were confused about their own product. The reviews section was the primary draw for us. Looks like there haven't been many reviews left in a while though.

Reactions: craigh
Yeah, the Driving Sales forum is pretty dead. And the post date column on their forums isn't accurate, most of the recent posts are over a year old.

That being said, the Driving Sales Executive Summit is still alive and well. Last year I attended both Digital Dealer and Driving Sales as they were back-to-back. I definitely walked away with more from DSES than DD.

Once they pivoted to Employee Retention and Training, the two most difficult items in the automotive world for dealers to embrace, I think they started to dwindle. You start talking about difficult things that are not fun and take huge effort and your audience starts to be quiet. I can prove it. @Alex Snyder and @Jeff Kershner start posting about, and pressing, hiring, training, retention, leadership development, and culture and it'll go over like a fart in church.
I'm kinda kidding. I will say the DS conferences were the best ones. Heck, that's how I met @Ryan Everson!

P.S. The people thing is HARD. Took us 5 years just to fix the culture in our group.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
@Alex Snyder and @Jeff Kershner start posting about, and pressing, hiring, training, retention, leadership development, and culture and it'll go over like a fart in church.

You know what happens when you fart in church? ...you sit in your own pew :lol:

#dadjokes

Once they pivoted to Employee Retention and Training, the two most difficult items in the automotive world for dealers to embrace, I think they started to dwindle. You start talking about difficult things that are not fun and take huge effort and your audience starts to be quiet. I can prove it. @Alex Snyder and @Jeff Kershner start posting about, and pressing, hiring, training, retention, leadership development, and culture and it'll go over like a fart in church.
I'm kinda kidding. I will say the DS conferences were the best ones. Heck, that's how I met @Ryan Everson!

P.S. The people thing is HARD. Took us 5 years just to fix the culture in our group.

This is SO TRUE @Dan Sayer !

A few years back Hireology was a DealerRefresh sponsor and were contributing consistent content around "human capital." Such an important topic, especially for car dealers BUT it garnered very little engagement.