• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Edmunds.com layoff? Just heard through the grapevine.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I just heard Edmunds.com has or are potentially laying off 1/3 of their force. While possibly gearing up to sell off a stake of the company to a company that sounds like KarSax (and no it's not CarFax.) This could be nothing more than a rumor, but it was from a reputable source.

Can anyone confirm this?

Been receiving text messages and emails left and right since posting this.

Sources say over 150 layoffs. With the new investor, this could more likely really change Edmunds business structure.

I’ll truly miss my local rep always showing up unannounced, trying to get me to sign up.

Lets hope everyone effected quickly finds a new job/position. Plenty of opportunities out there in the industry.

@CliffBanks sorry I missed your call. My phone has been ringing ever since I posted this. Thanks for the text

I just heard Edmunds.com has or are potentially laying off 1/3 of their force. While possibly gearing up to sell off a stake of the company to a company that sounds like KarSax (and no it's not CarFax.) This could be nothing more than a rumor, but it was from a reputable source.

Can anyone confirm this?
Hi,

I am not surprised. I had an edmunds subscription package (30 day warranty, chat software, trade in appraisal tool, and advertising) for 18 months for $650 per month. They just disconntinued the warranty from the package. That was the only reason I stayed with them, so i canceled.

My observation was that edmunds was not a very well run organization. We had a lot of problems that were not properly dealt with or they were slow to fix.

Reactions: Alexander Lau