• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ELead BDC. Anyone else using them, or can give me a review of thier services.

We havent had the best of luck with them.

Our salesmen says that the leads they get from the calls are not too great. The representatives are very pushy to set appointments and the customers deny receiving a call or are angry from the call before.

The system works good for the most part, there was a lot of tweaking and calling the support line until everything fell into place.
I still have to call the technical support at least once a week for various issues.

Hope that helps,

Tom McGeehon
E-Commerce
Marty Cancila DCJR

Reactions: 1 person
I would also like to hear more about it. I have a buddy who just moved over to a Chevy dealer who is using Autobase and E-Lead ILM to follow up with clients. I would like to know what he is getting into as I was going to suggest for him to push for imagic or Vin.

BTW, does anyone have an idea as to when Dealer.com is going to release the new CRM? I am sooooo sick of R&R Contact Management!

Well, I can't really speak for the call center so I didn't want to get too in depth. I know that Ford was using them for awhile to follow up with service customers and make sales appointments. The appts were almost a 60% no show, but it was pretty cool just to have people show up with no work put in. I wanna say maybe 1 person actually bought a car. Seems like some hastily put together appts. Don't know that I would want them following up with my leads.

Anyways, elead ILM; I have used reynolds and adp, never used vin.. Elead is by far my favorite. The ILM doesn't offer a lot of automatic prompting which I am not a fan of. I am a salesperson and I will decide when I think the next follow should be.

I like that they allow you to make that choice. All of the menus are easy to use and easy to explain to people who don't understand computers. Once you open a customer profile page it's pretty self explanatory as far as what does what. I like a system that doesn't get too involved with anything. Basically we use it to log follow up and to set reminders to follow up with people weeks and months down the road. I also will use it to send out bulk email. I'm not a huge fan of the way I have to send emails from the ILM. They show up as coming from [email protected] I like having my domain.

I am able to attach and hyperlink well though, so it works. I used reynolds for years and never understood why someone would want that as a crm. I always felt I could do better with a spreadsheet.

Elead ILM is like a really nice, well put together spreadsheet for me, and I don't pay a lot for it. Also, we do not integrate with our ADP dealership crm. It's just for internet leads. I guess I really don't know what else to say about them. Maybe some specific questions... My rep is Hobie, I don't know if we're allowed to talk about reps on this site, but he is the man! He calls me constantly to see if I need any help and I have a direct line to him. If I leave a message he always calls me back and often says, "i'll take care of it," which I really like. Don't know if he sells stuff there, but if he did, that's who you should deal with.

I also work the system on my droid almost every day and have 2 guys who would rather use their iPads then the pc to log info.

I hope this is a little helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a huge fan of the way I have to send emails from the ILM. They show up as coming from [email protected] I like having my domain.

Kyle, you can have this changed if you like. Register a domain and hand over the credentials to elead and they'll get you set up so you don't need to use their @eleadtrack.net. I do believe they charge a monthly fee for this. But you might find it's worth.

I'd register a new domain like @abddealercare.com or @contactabcdealer.com and use that as your elead email, keeping it separate from your main dealers domain. With this set up - you can then have one email associated for all sales people (default setting) or allow each person to have their own email address. If you use their campaign manager, I would set up the "main dealer email account" in elead as [email protected] = it tends to yield a slight increase in open rate :)

As for the Call Center, I had the privileged of visiting it in person. What an impressive set up. Truly. The call center is a machine. My Nissan dealer continues to use their call center (2 years now) for after visit survey follow-up and day after internet lead follow-up. It gives us some insight on where we might had messed up when structuring the deal with the customer. The insights allow us to save a few deals each month. There's something about a 3rd party service - many consumers often speak up when they otherwise did not when they were at the dealership in negotiations.

Lots of companies hire 3rd parties for surveys. It's no different but this allows us to take action when we get the survey back in a timely matter.

We've also used the call center for call campaigns and calls after direct email drops with good success. No doubt I would like to see a better appointment to show rate but elead also encourages the dealer/manager to confirm the appointments, and why wouldn't you?. This can typically yield you an additional 15-20% appointment to show rate while also allowing you to police their efforts.

Do some of the call reps "lead" the customer into an appointment, while having the customer say yes just to get off the phone? I'm happens - but it happens to our aggressive sales people as well.

I would encourage any dealership that uses elead CRM to give their call center a shot. It would be hard to hire someone in-house to make a fraction of calls in a consistent manor that their call center call pull off. If you do the after campaign call (going after appointments) give the campaign 100% and do your side of the job as well - making the appointment confirmation call from a manager. Track each Hot Lead elead sends over from beginning to end. Track your Lead to Appointment - Appointment to Show - Show to Sold and figure out your ROI and make the call for yourself.

Last edited: