• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Elead CRM - Down all day long

At least ELeads was able to get their systems back up and online within a day. Authenticom / Dealer Vault has been down since Sunday. Seems like they've taken a hit right between the eyes and got knocked down on this one. Crazy!

Reactions: craigh
At least ELeads was able to get their systems back up and online within a day. Authenticom / Dealer Vault has been down since Sunday. Seems like they've taken a hit right between the eyes and got knocked down on this one. Crazy!

Their Azure issue appears to be security related.. considering how much customer data they house it's a pretty big deal.

It looks like a malicious actor got loose within the Authenticom system. Fortunately, they caught him quick. Unfortunately, they caught him quick. Once he realized they were on his tail he went on a rampage damaging as much as he could as fast as he could.

It took everything offline. They were without phones, email, chat, etc.

Things are coming back online as they've brought-in teams of people to undo the damages. Updates can be found here: https://www.authenticom.com/status-update

I'll create a new thread for Authenticom where they can field any questions. I'm hoping we can host them on a future RefreshFriday to talk about the attack - it is nuts :crazy:

Reactions: craigh
It looks like a malicious actor got loose within the Authenticom system. Fortunately, they caught him quick. Unfortunately, they caught him quick. Once he realized they were on his tail he went on a rampage damaging as much as he could as fast as he could.

It took everything offline. They were without phones, email, chat, etc.

Things are coming back online as they've brought-in teams of people to undo the damages. Updates can be found here: https://www.authenticom.com/status-update

I'll create a new thread for Authenticom where they can field any questions. I'm hoping we can host them on a future RefreshFriday to talk about the attack - it is nuts :crazy:

Those are the kinds of things that keep you up at night.
No matter how secure everything is, there's always 1 door that lets you into the whole system.

Still with eLead at the moment. No plans to make a change. Changing CRM's is a HUGE project, especially when the average user at the dealership is older and has been using the same one for over 15 years.
Agreed, changing CRM's sucks but sometimes it's worthwhile. Temporary pain for long-term gain.

A well-designed CRM should be easy for any salesperson to pick up right off the bat.

Desking is usually where you'll run into training issues and pushback.