• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Brad Burlingham

Skate Alert
May 28, 2009
Awards
First Name
Brad
Are there any GOOD vendors our there that specialize in email marketing design for automotive? We have had varying degrees of luck with design for our monthly sales specials. We've used the usual website marketing companies, freelancers, etc, but still struggling to find someone we love. Even with the design is ok, i have yet to find a company that analyzes the results of an email blast and experiments with different types of creative, layout etc.

Are there any GOOD vendors our there that specialize in email marketing design for automotive? We have had varying degrees of luck with design for our monthly sales specials. We've used the usual website marketing companies, freelancers, etc, but still struggling to find someone we love. Even with the design is ok, i have yet to find a company that analyzes the results of an email blast and experiments with different types of creative, layout etc.

We do this all the time as part of a larger product offering and I feel your pain.
Not only are there not that many good solutions, but too many dealers insist on using terrible templates that aren't mobile friendly and just scream SPAM.

We're going through the process of doing all new concepts again right now. Mobile first (ridiculously high % of email is read on mobile now), focused on a modern look, less spammy call to action, etc. It's quite a few rounds of "beat control" where we take a template, run it, then change one thing and run it again, change and run again, etc. Sometimes it improves and we learn, sometimes there's no change and sometimes the change results in less click through. With that said, the beat control on subject lines nets much much higher results than changes to the email itself.

If you are delivering your own emails and just looking for designs, you might want to just checkout Envato market and what they offer.
I don't like the overly complicated templates there, but there's some good starting points for simple, mobile friendly emails.
ie: http://builder.dynamicxx.com/templates/announce
Get a template, strip it down and brand it with your store branding real nice, then populate it for each email.