• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Exit Widget - Gift Card Offer

DrewAment

Boss
Apr 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Drew
I have a dealership that is looking for an "exit widget" that functions similar to HookLogic (which is more an intro/interruption widget).

Since HL overlays at the beginning of a shoppers inventory views - it sort of defeats the purpose. I need something that "Hooks" them as/if they leave the the dealer website.

Any suggestions?

Just my simple opinion, but I feel like the automotive industry sites are already riddled with unnecessary pop-up andwidgets. To me, the exit incentive would be just as annoying as not having the ability to one-click unsubscribe. Why not just run several remarketing lists based upon intent (as determined by exit pages) and cap highly targeted banners to a rate that would prove non-invasive? </devil's advocate>

You could probably do it with LeadPages Software - Mobile Responsive Landing Page Generator. Unsure what your intentions are, since the visit / session is closing, unless you're attempting to salvage a visitor, with them.

Just my simple opinion, but I feel like the automotive industry sites are already riddled with unnecessary pop-up andwidgets. To me, the exit incentive would be just as annoying as not having the ability to one-click unsubscribe. Why not just run several remarketing lists based upon intent (as determined by exit pages) and cap highly targeted banners to a rate that would prove non-invasive? </devil's advocate>

YES

Stop.
Don't pollute your site.

Signed
-The Silent Majority

p.s. If you think more pop-ups will sell cars... explore the unintended consequences.
p.p.s. The guy that killed the goose that laid the golden egg had a logical plan too. The Pursuit of Profits was all he could see...

Stop.
Don't pollute your site.

Signed
-The Silent Majority

p.s. If you think more pop-ups will sell cars... explore the unintended consequences.
p.p.s. The guy that killed the goose that laid the golden egg had a logical plan too. The Pursuit of Profits was all he could see...

This. 100% - I simply don't understand the UX design of dealer sites as of recent years.

You're overthinking it. Most Internet Sales Managers and Directors of eCommerce are paid on the number of Internet leads that buy a car (I was). Sure, there are some caveats for appointments and all that stuff too. But any savvy person who is paid for sold leads will just open the leads flood gates.

This is the model that supports third party lead portals and all those crappy-ass widgets that most people can't stand. There is a big industry of products out there making dealers think leads are king. It also doesn't help that Internet leads are the most trackable customer and that's like crack. Leads are the blue lights on the front porch we just can't fly away from.

Few dealers are ready to turn it all off and build a website aimed at proving trust (think of Carvana) with the goal of getting more floor traffic. Shoot, I don't think the website companies even know what that looks like, so where would a dealer like that turn? Every channel of our industry is sucking the lead tit. Weening from it is going to require strong disruption.

I'm not sure I am understanding what you're saying. Don't website leads = more floor traffic? I agree that there are way too many dealerships with way too many unnecessary pop-ups/widgets. But if you could target certain types of buyers based on website activity with engaging CTA's/pop-ups/widgets instead of throwing them all up at the same time, wouldn't you want to do that? That way you are capturing more in-market consumers.

People on YOUR digital lot are the most important only behind people on your physical lot. You wouldn't let thousands of people visiting your physical lot walk off without trying to engage with them, so don't do it on your website.

You're overthinking it. Most Internet Sales Managers and Director of eCommerce are paid on the number of Internet leads that buy a car. Sure, there are some caveats for appointments and all that stuff too. But any savvy person who is paid for sold leads will just flood the leads.

This is the model that supports third party lead portals and all those crappy-ass widgets that most people can't stand. There is a big industry of products out there making dealers think leads are king. It also doesn't help that Internet leads are the most trackable customer and that's like crack. Leads are the blue lights on the front porch we just can't fly away from.

Few dealers are ready to turn it all off and build a website aimed at proving trust (think of Carvana) with the goal of just getting floor traffic. Shoot, I don't think the website companies even know what that looks like, so what the hell would a dealer like that do? Every channel of our industry is sucking the lead tit; including OEMs. Weening from it is going to require strong disruption.