• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Inventory Advertising / Retargeting

This is my absolute bread and butter. I swear that I've turned used car lots that were turning 5 vehicles a month into powerhouses that are destroying their local competitors simply by doing Facebook advertising correctly (and the carousel inventory ad does give you the lowest CPC and highest CTR, but you have to switch things up).

It sounds stupid - I don't even use Google AdWords with my clients right now. I can probably outcompete the other dealerships in the city on AdWords, but the lead cost will still be larger than the lead cost on Facebook.

And there's no brand I can build. There's no engagement. It's just a funnel.

Facebook is a community.

Hope I don't get kicked off the forum for promoting my company's software, but we've made it incredibly easy for a dealer to setup Facebook dynamic remarketing in house. Same goes for AdWords dynamic remarketing. There is a far better way to accomplish this than with the traditional data feed method. We can setup inventory integration with Facebook and/or AdWords in about the same amount of time it takes to fill out the Homenet order form with nothing more than a website address to work with. And you can skip Homenet altogether. If members of this forum express interest, I'd be glad to explain how we do it. Will do my best to keep the self-promotion to a minimum. It's really quite interesting how we cracked this nut.

Would love to hear how you cracked this code :)

but you have to switch things up
Love to know what changes we should be making/watching!
If members of this forum express interest, I'd be glad to explain how we do it. Will do my best to keep the self-promotion to a minimum. It's really quite interesting how we cracked this nut.
Very interested, always want to learn more!

Love to know what changes we should be making/watching!

Very interested, always want to learn more!

Watch for new ad creatives. Messenger bots are going to be big and I'm working with them now to get some of the financing question, credit-worthiness, and trade-in questions automated before a salesperson actually gets the lead. Higher open rate than emails and better engagement. Those are going to be huge in the next few years.

Check out the Canvas ads, experiment with video ads, experiment with "social-stacking" (boosting an ad to your warm audience and then boosting it to a cold audience after you already have engagement), do live videos and then boost them, etc.

Just experiment! :)

And spend money experimenting, because you will make it back

1) Here's a support video we made showing how to setup dynamic remarketing ads in Facebook - http://help.hootinteractive.net/#how-to-setup-a-dynamic-remarketing-campaign-in-facebook.

2) You can now use ads connected to your inventory feeds for any audience target in Facebook. So for example, you might have a carousel ad connected to a product set of Silverado 1500s and target it to an in-market audience of new truck shoppers. Inventory ads aren't just for remarketing anymore.

We'll setup a dealership with a daily-updated Facebook remarketing inventory feed for $50 if anyone wants to give this a try. Request setup today, and your feed links will be ready tomorrow. But we don't offer services anymore, so you'll have to manage the campaigns yourself.

A lot more that comes into play when running dynamic inventory retargeting ads than just adding the feed ( especially if you want your ads to run on Google also). Your pixel employment must be set properly for these type of ads for Facebook to scale. This is going to be different for each web site provider ( Dealer.com, CDK, Jazel, Dealer Inspire, Etc) Even more so if you want of take advantage of the new ad format features like "collections".

You can see an example of the New Facebook Collections Ad format Here
https://dealermartech.com/collection-feature/

We'll be releasing a live webinar on the phenomenal results we've seen using dynamic inventory retargeting combined with video funnels and lead forms in the beginning of June.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
We use CDK and Fuzion Zone and I'd love to get product retargeting rolling for us but I'm lost when it comes to exporting our product feed! I would love some details on how you got that.

Hi Shelby. Feel free to email me directly if you'd like to learn how we help with this process. miles + @ + hootinteractive.com. We can have your inventory integrated with AdWords and Facebook the same day as we receive the request typically. We also handle the script installations, which as Dealer Martech pointed out are a little tricky.

@Shelby Tatomir

Shelby it is not that difficult to take your feed and translate into a feed that Google and Facebook can understand. There are also some other/cool features you can utilize when exporting your data into both companies. We do this for free when other pieces of our technology are packaged in (lead conversion technology, email auto-responder, webiste) etc.

facebook ads.JPG